[Failed to Bind Port]

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by zVapeClienT_, Jan 8, 2020.

1. I need some help, I keep getting this error

[23:18:51 INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.8.7
    [23:18:51 INFO]: Loading properties
    [23:18:51 INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [23:18:51 INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed (MC: 1.8.7) (Implementing API version 1.8.7-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Debug logging is disabled
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Server Ping Player Sample Count: 12
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Using 4 threads for Netty based IO
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Generating keypair
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on [Private]:25565
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Using default channel type
    [23:18:52 WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [23:18:52 WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
    [23:18:52 WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Stopping server
    [23:18:52 INFO]: Saving players
    >
    C:\Users\Wolfy\Desktop\Foldere\Survival 1.8.7>PAUSE
    Press any key to continue . . .

I don't know what to do, I tried everything, even with Fire-Wall, Port Forwarding, NOTHING Helped. I have tried the method with Task Manager but no java.exe shows up.

2. If you open up Command Prompt and type "netstat -ano | findstr :25565" it should give you a list of open TCP 25565 ports if it does then you will need to kill the port with "taskkill /f /pid PORTID"

http://prntscr.com/qkrs95 so for me I would do "taskkill /f /pid 8080" and then you should be able to open your server on 25565.

3. The problem is there isn't any 25565 in the netstat.. I tried it be4

4. Okay, try running the server on a different port and then see if that works and if it does, is there anyone else in your house that could be using that port?

5. No, I have the single PC in the house, the first thing you said might work, I didn't saw the findstr :25565

EDIT: Nvm, nothing shows up

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Don't change server-ip in server.properties unless you know what you're doing.

7. I just changed IP, because I am trying to make a server to play with friends with plugins configured, but it doesn't work

8. If you put the server-ip in server.properties to nothing and then port forward on your router then do "whatsmyip" on google and give people that ip they can connect

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

Leave it blank

10. I will try to see if it works,

11. Update: Port Forwarding doesn't work, I can't find where it is in my Network IPv4

12. you could use something like hamachi with your friends to connect as alternative of port forwarding, but your server should be able to startup without port forwarding or anything

13. The following method will change the ip/port your friends have to connect with every time you start it up.
    This should also only be used by a few people to connect with.

You could use Ngrok or something similar: (Have to install it tho)
    Code (Text):
    ngrok.exe tcp <port (25565)>
    This will return something similar to this:
    [​IMG]
    Here the IP people now can connect with are:
    "0.tcp.ngrok.io:14567"
    When you want to close this tunnel, you just exit the program.

• Useful Useful x 1