Failed to save operators list

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by 7024www, May 19, 2016.

1. Failed to save operators list:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: ops.json (access denied!)

What do I do to fix this problem?
    Spigot cmd server has no access to .json and I tried everything.
    No listed in other server but only this specific one.

2. at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at com.google.common.io.Files.newWriter(Files.java:103) ~[spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.JsonList.save(JsonList.java:158) ~[spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedPlayerList.B(SourceFile:115) [spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:31) [spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:176) [spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:561) [spigot.jar:git-PaperSpigot-5be55c3-18fbb24]

following up

3. Regenerate your ops.json?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. never thought of that and it sounds like a good idea.
    thx, will notice you and see how it goes.

Appreciate your solution

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Is this a windows machine or Linux. If it's linux then run a chmod on the current folder and increase the permissions to 777 that should solve it. If it's windows again look at the folder permissions and make sure administrators have full control of the folder. If it is already set to that run the minecraft server as administrator or root on linux.

6. Really? 777? Thats generally bad practice ...
    You should probably try 700 first

7. Yeah very true I just said this being to get it to resolve the issue but to be honest if the server isn't being accessed by anyone else then there wouldn't be any issue.

8. It runs on windows, gave the permissions but still no luck. Guess I just have to wait for a couple of weeks and the server will repair himself.