1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Solved Falling Blocks (such as Gravel) do not unobfuscate ores

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Puremin0rez, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Puremin0rez

Noticeable on Engine Mode 2

When in a cave/area with gravel surrounded by stone, if you break the bottom layer of the gravel, all of the gravel falls down as you'd expect but it doesn't actually trigger the "ores" to update since the player didn't break the blocks the gravel was covering (at least I think that's what it is), it'll only "unobfuscate" for the gravel blocks you did break, leaving tons of fake ores at the top.

This results in tons of fake ores being visible after mining a gravel pit in a cave.

You can replicate it yourself by simply going legit mining for a little while or the easier way, making a giant thick stone box and filling it with gravel, break the gravel, you'll see fake ores everywhere along the walls.

2. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

I did notice this bug myself, and this happens as well when using WorldEdit.

I will get around to working on a patch today.

Thanks md_5!

3. Puremin0rez

Yeah WorldEdit does it too, although I thought that was normal :)

4. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

Normal Orebfuscator (plugin) does this as well. But maybe I should fix it anyway.

The falling block bug has found a fix and will have a pull request this late afternoon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. md_5

Administrator Developer

And merged.