Falling Sand different in Spigot

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by G4ME_TIME, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Hey Guys,
    I hope i am writing this in the right thread.

I wanted to use this Minecraft-Bug (or Feature?) to create half high sandblocks: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-90523
    But, to my disappointment, this seems not to be possible on the newer Spigot Server versions: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jira/browse/SPIGOT-1975

Spigot_Vanilla_112.jpg

Now my Question: does anybody know a solution on how to reactivate this "bug" on a Spigot Server (preferrably version 1.12)? I would really like to use this for some nice building effects :D

2. Nerver mind...
    I changed one line in the Spigot-Sourcecode and compiled it myself ;)
    Working like a charm

3. What did you change that would be very awesome and interesting feature

4. Create a patchfile an send a link.

5. Sadly I don't know how to create one myself and have currently not my PC with me to test it out, but I will provide a short description on how i did it.
    I used this Tutorial to set up the Workspace, but instead of clonig the Git I simply copied the Files generated by the BuildTool.
    Now only a small change need to be done in the "EntityFallingBlock.patch": In the lines 21-29 the comment in front of the return needed to be removed.
    Code (Text):
    @@ -110,7 +112,7 @@
                         if (!flag1 && BlockFalling.x(this.world.getType(new BlockPosition(this.locX, this.locY - 0.009999999776482582D, this.locZ)))) {
                             this.onGround = false;
    -                        return;
    +                       // return; // CraftBukkit
                         }
                         this.motX *= 0.699999988079071D;
    Code (Text):
    @@ -110,7 +112,7 @@
                         if (!flag1 && BlockFalling.x(this.world.getType(new BlockPosition(this.locX, this.locY - 0.009999999776482582D, this.locZ)))) {
                             this.onGround = false;
    -                        return;
    +                       return; // CraftBukkit
                         }
                         this.motX *= 0.699999988079071D;
    May not be the most elegant or best way, but it works as intended.

• Like Like x 1