FeatherBoard and Prefix/Suffix on name

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by VergilPrime, Jan 2, 2018.

1. So I'm using FeatherBoard 4 and loving it. Now I'm trying to recreate my old name formatting code with CommandHelper.

How I used to do this is that I would place players on a scoreboard and in a team based on their uppermost rank. Each rank had a prefix and suffix grabbed from PEX's permissions yml.

The differences this time around are that I'm writing this code to work on both a PEX server and a LuckPerms server which uses SQL for storage.

I am having problems getting all the permission groups on the server from Vault, and because of that I'm having to dynamically register each group as a player signs in with that group. Then I have to update the prefix/suffix for each registered group in each scoreboard for each player online. It's a mess.

Is there a better way of doing this?

2. Maximvdw

Benefactor

So if I understand correctly, the problem you are having is that you can't get all the groups from all your servers using Vault?

3. That, and I assume I have to push my changes to a scoreboard for every player right? How often do your scoreboards get wiped? Only on startup? Plugin's reload command?

4. Maximvdw

Benefactor

Every reload, join and scoreboard switch. But basically just do a check before trying to modify the team

5. How hard would it be in a future update to make each scoreboard you create inherit data from the main scoreboard when they update? That would allow my code to work a billion times more efficiently, and possibly increase compatibility with plugins that use a similar method.