Featherboard MySQL SSL error

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Itaquito, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Hey! Im using the MySQL placeholders that FeatherBoard includes so I can gather information from a database.
    Sadly, Im getting this error everytime a player joins and when I update the placeholders:
    Code (Text):
    [12:55:22 WARN]: Wed Jul 17 12:55:22 EDT 2019 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
    I want to disable the use of SSL, but featherboard doesnt offer this option, also I would like to enable auto reconnect but also featherboard doesnt offer this option, I already tried the following:
    Code (Text):
      gamesplayed:
        description: 'This placeholder gets the gamesplayed of the player'
        hostname: 'XXXX'
        port: 3306
        database: 'ZombieSurvival'
        username: 'XXXX'
        password: 'XXXX'
        autoReconnect: true
        usessl: false
        query: "SELECT GamesPlayed FROM ZombieSurvivalData WHERE UUID = '{playeruuid}'"
    Is there a way I can prevent this error?

2. maybe this is TOO wrong, but i think it could work, put:
    Code (YAML):
    database: 'ZombieSurvival?useSSL=false'

3. Sadly it doesnt work,
    Code (Text):
    [18:55:02 ERROR]: [FeatherBoard] jdbc:mysql://XXXX.XXXX:3306/ZombieSurvival?useSSL=false?allowReconnect=true
    [18:55:02 ERROR]: [FeatherBoard] Could not be resolved because of an SQL Exception: The connection property 'useSSL' only accepts values of the form: 'true', 'false', 'yes' or 'no'. The value 'false?allowReconnect=true' is not in this set..
    FeatherBoard adds by default the ?allowReconnect= true at the end of the URL, because of this it doesnt work.

I think this is going to end on a feature request.
    My suggestion is to allow us to modify the URL that FeatherBoard uses. This is an example of how it may look on the config:

Code (Text):
      gamesplayed:
        description: 'This placeholder gets the gamesplayed of the player'
        url: 'jdbc:mysql://XXXX.XXXX:3306/ZombieSurvival?useSSL=false&allowReconnect=true'
        query: "SELECT GamesPlayed FROM ZombieSurvivalData WHERE UUID = '{playeruuid}'"
    @Maximvdw

Thanks

4. This isn't an error, but just a warning.
    As long as what you're trying to do is working, it's fine.

5. Yeah.. But since Im using multiple placeholders at the same time and this warning appears multiple times everytime a player joins, my console is getting a little spammy.

6. Check out a plugin called ConsoleSpamFix