1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Fireworks

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by KickAxeCraft, Mar 6, 2013.

1. has there been any reports of fireworks not exploding i had a member today ask about that..
    so i went of in creative made some and the effects all worked like adding the trail but it never exploded so I went to my test server and tries same thing..then of course i removed all plug in to make sure it wasnt spigot and still no Boom Boom..took it a step farther and on my test server uninstalled spigot and installed bukkit and again same thing.. effects works but no explosion..is there a setting for fireworks that Im missing

2. jeff142

Benefactor

I would think this was client side (optifine? Nodus?)

3. i dont use any clients but when i try to make a firework star with gun powder ans dye it gives me a firework that i cant combine with the firework rocket made form paper and gunpowder

4. I even went back to 1.4.5 on my test sever and client side 1.4.5 and fireworks star i was able to combine with the rocket so in the 1.4.5 ro.2 bukkit fireworks worked perfectly

5. jeff142

Benefactor

Is this what your doing... Going in creative geting the stare making it, then wondering why it wont explode?
    Your geting a "blank" stare out of the creative menu so make one in gamemode 0.

6. jeff142

Benefactor

Spigot 1.4.7 R1.1 Ver 385 Works 100% fine as expected on 2 of the servers i tested.

7. ok has to be a plugin sorry just tried in survival same thing going through the plug ins now O_O

8. jeff142

Benefactor

Best of luck, just tried it on my bukkit server works as expected.

TIP make them in survival not creative.

9. ok found it craftbook

10. jeff142

Benefactor

Good to see you got it fixed!

11. in chat with craftbook devs heres what they say
    they say its a bug with bukkit not craftbook

[11:05] <toxic_waste> does craft book prevent making firework stars
    [11:06] <toxic_waste> i see a fireworks folder but its empty
    [11:06] <wizjany> no?
    [11:06] <wizjany> it's for firework displays
    [11:06] <wizjany> has nothing to do with crafting the item
    [11:06] <wizjany> there's an IC
    [11:07] == Orscrider [~[email protected]] has joined #sk89q
    [11:08] == ahk1996 [[email protected]-ip.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 180 seconds]
    [11:08] == NeonMaster|AFK has changed nick to NeonMaster
    [11:08] <toxic_waste> i cant make firework stars on my test server which has the same plug ins as my real server and got a complaint you can make fireworks but when you make the firework star it changes to a firework and when launched no explosion so i went through the plug ins removing one at a time removed craftbook and firework stars were craftable aded craftbook back and couldnt craft them again
    [11:09] <wizjany> uh, are you using custom crafting
    [11:09] <wizjany> there is a bukkit bug that breaks some recipes when you enable custom crafting
    [11:09] <wizjany> trying dying leather armor
    [11:09] <toxic_waste> i use the custom craft foe some items yes
    [11:09] <toxic_waste> for
    [11:10] <toxic_waste> shit let me try
    [11:11] == ac3xx [~[email protected]81-158.btcentralplus.com] has joined #sk89q
    [11:11] <wizjany> me4502 added a workaround for the bukkit bug
    [11:12] <wizjany> but i'm not sure how it works or if it works on everything
    [11:14] <toxic_waste> yup turnd off crafting and it works perfectly
    [11:14] == Orscrider [~[email protected]] has left #sk89q []
    [11:15] <toxic_waste> now is this a bukkit bug or a craftbook bug since without craftbook fireworks work perfectly it might be a craftbook bug
    [11:15] == Cajs|Offline has changed nick to Cajs2
    [11:15] == Sk8r2K10 [~[email protected]] has joined #sk89q
    [11:15] == Cajs2 has changed nick to Cajs
    [11:15] <wizjany> bukkit bug
    [11:16] <wizjany> it happens whenever you use a plugin that makes crafting recipes

12. jeff142

Benefactor

Consider what they put up with. 99% of request are selfish s***'s that think everything needs to be handed to them on a sliver plate. and most of the time bug tracking are not even bukkits fault. Lets face it, bukkit is free, so you cant blame them for what they do.
    ./rant end

13. lol i never go there to ask for anything actually i go there alot and answer questions but they never take that in account im just going to set a ticket..I like craftbook and have a alot of crafting recipes and dont want to remove them or disable crafting from craftbook

https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-3713