Flatfile storage

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by poeler, May 25, 2020.

1. There is a limit of player with flatfile storage?
    I don’t have bungeecord

2. I would be surprised if anybody on the forum could understand what you're asking. Please could you elaborate?

Limit of flatfile storage with BungeeCord?? never heard of it?

3. Are you asking if there is a limit to what or how much is stored in a flat file storage system? For size its limited by how much the server itself will store in the drives.

You may want to re-word your question.

4. I want to know if on simple server without bungeecord networking, flatfile storage like .YML can make a problem ? with like 100-150 players
    Do I need to use mysql database or not ?

5. Depends on what it is used for, and how it is used, and when it is used.

6. For everything from essentials to luckperms

7. Should be completely fine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So the server can take hundred of player with the data stored in .yml file without any problem, nice.

9. How frequently are you accessing the file? You should store values in memory when you can so it only needs to ask the disk once for it.

10. I just don't know how many times essentials or any other plugins need to acmes to there file ^^ I was just wondering if that might be a problem.

11. If you are storing values in memory and writing them back to the file when it is modified, then you shouldn't have an issue with flatfile storage afaik. Load them on startup, and add a reload command to reload the values from the config.

• Like Like x 1