Force world update (1.13.1)

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by takatalvi, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Hi, I just moved to 1.13.1 with my existing world. Almost everything is working fine, still waiting for some minor udpates to plugins. I know that there's a vanilla command for single player worlds, to update the whole world to the 1.13 format. I once saw a mention of a Spigot command or startup parameter that could force the world update on first load, but I cannot find it anywhere. I think it was something like --forceUpdate, or similar. Does anyone know? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. This is only for Vanilla Minecraft. Spigot already force updates your world. It's advised if you want the best results that you just regenerate a new world. :)

Best of luck!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. From what I gather the 1.13.1 spigot jar supports -forceUpdate or whatever the param is.

4. Thanks for the replies! I believe it's -forceUpdate or --forceUpdate as a starting parameter. This should go through the whole world at once, instead of updating it on the go. I'll give it a try :)

5. For the future: it's:
    java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar spigot-1.15.jar --forceUpgrade --eraseCache nogui

#5 gcdesroches, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  6. --forceUpgrade

java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar spigot-1.15.jar --forceUpgrade --eraseCache nogui