Forge 1.7.10 with bukkit support

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Samistine, May 17, 2016.

1. What is the goto software right now for running a 1.7.10 forge server with support for bukkit plugins. ThermalExpansion does not seem to be working with the newest(2015) cauldron builds

2. While this is not a direct solution your looking for. A great alliterative that is not is only well supported but also higher stability in the long run is simply sticking with mods and running a native Forge server.

There are now in 1.7.10 a decent selection of mods that replace some plugins (Essentials and World Edit are two of the big ones that mod variants exists).

Some mods that you already using/plan on using may even have features/things in game that does what you may need. For instance I know Thermal Expansion and some of Chicken Bones's mods include advanced "core modifications/configs".

So these just my "2 cents" on this subject.

3. It's just not feasable to rewrite bukkit plugins to forge. The Bukkit API is built for server modifications and Forge is meant for modifications to the game.

4. What I meant that there are already mods that exists to replace some plugins and some mods even have features/configurations that come alongside.