FORTNITE BUS

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by javareturn, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello bboys,
    I was searching for a way to create the fortnite bus in spigot. I mean, is that possible? The first idea that I had was to spawn an NMS Ender Dragon with a pathfinder but have you got other ideas?

2. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

Thought about making something similar awhile back.

You can spawn a bunch of falling sand entities or armor stands with blocks and arrange them correctly, then move them across the map.
    Preferably it would be done with packets so you would have little or no server lag.

3. That’s actually a very clever idea :) imagine a Fortnite game mode on mine craft .. even tho Fortnite is a life like version of mine craft .. and you don’t even need to make a plug-in or anything you can just make a redstone contraption with slime .

4. There are a lot of ways you could do it. One way would be falling sand or a resourcepack modle. For the players you can use boats, horses, pigs or minecarts.

5. That’s a great idea,
    I tried spawning fallingblocks (fb) ridin' armorstands(am). So I set the fb's passenger to player. Here the problem comes. The player seems to be always falling down. How could I fix it?

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

what if I told you that all battle royal games are ripoffs of minecrafts surivial/hunger games? :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hmmmm now thinking about it ... correct

8. ScarabCoder

Retired

If you use packets, fallingblocks don't fall on the client (afaik).

9. Right but the player seems to be slipping

10. ScarabCoder

Retired

I'd use a different entity, then. An armorstand, for example.

11. What should I do with armorstands? Place blocks on their heads?

12. ScarabCoder

Retired

No, the bus should be out of multiple falling sand blocks, and the players should be sitting on the armorstands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.