Getting a good player base to start out with

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by BDC, May 6, 2015.

1. BDC

BDC

I was wondering how i could get a good player base to start with, because my server is mcinfected and i do need atleast about 5 people on to make it enjoyable for people to play. I dont have a big budget and dont want to buy slots or pw ads. Any suggestions?

2. My advice would be not to start out with an infected server. With little to no money you are not going to get any players and the few you do will leave as there will be no one else to play with.

3. BDC

BDC

i do have money, but not enough for an advertising slot on .org

4. How much money would you say you have available?

5. BDC

BDC

$50 at the moment, not including hosting and other paid stuff.

6. That really won't get you anywhere with medium sized youtubers starting at around $250 per video. Maybe start up another type of server then when the players are there expand out to infected. Honestly it's your choice, this is just my advice to you.

#6 DenyCC, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. BDC

BDC

Thanks

8. As stated above, its going to be really hard to start up a playerbase when your whole server revolves around basically a minigame. What I would suggest is gaining a playerbase through another gamemode such as towny and then slowy introduce the game. If the community is ok with it, then you could switch from towny to mcinfected. However, I have still seen servers revolving around minigames succeed, but most take the shortcut by spending a lot of moolah. What I recomend if you want to release your server with only mcinfected is to get the hype up for your upcoming server. Post a thread or two on the minecraftforums, and get your name out there (make it proffessional of course). Specifically, post a thread on the "Looking for" section of the forums, and start getting your server name out there. Everyone just loves to be staff on a good server, so many players will start to apply or rather, bump your thread. You don't even need to accept little to any people, its just all about getting your name out there in the community. Good luck!
    [Edit]: Also, try to find a small streamerthat would be willing to stream the opening release of the server, might be enough to bring in a couple of players ;)