Getting people on your server and advertising tips?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by EquinoxDragon, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hi! I've recently started a spigot server(Towny building) it has 10-12 players on most of the time and I'd like some tips on getting people on my server. Its a very friendly community. Never any fights, no griefing, everything to me seems perfect. I know there aren't many quality Towny servers out there and I love the concept of building without any worries so I started it. Its not like those overpopulated Kit PvP, Faction Raid servers that all these kids start. I remember back in the day when PlanetMinecraft and other Minecraft server listing website could get you 30+ players at a time. No I'm not willing to spend k's on advertising on Minecraft server listing websites. That only gets you players for only a few days and that's and only 45% of the people that came on because of that stay so I guess its kinda good. No I don't know any big Youtubers that can make videos on my server. Its possible to get them to make a video on there but they charge big bucks because most of them are sell-outs >_> I have connections with big server owners but they would never merge. Please don't suggest going on other servers and spamming the IP. That's just low and I don't like the idea of mooching off other people's success by taking some of their playerbase

2. The topic of server promotion has fascinated me for a very long time.
    Being the owner of 3 failed servers, and 1 very successful one, I can safely say, at least for my players, having a simply built server (no giant spawn buildings, or epic terraformed spawns) but packing it with features has been very helpful. Feel free to check out my towny server for ideas!

smp(dot)blockville/dot/net

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EquinoxDragon - I'm confused at what you're trying to say/ask, but this topic has already been beaten into the ground.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. So Whats happening?