Getting Thrower Of Potion

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Technerder, May 3, 2017.

1. Using projrctilelaunchevent how would I get the thrower of the projectile? I have tried event.getThrower(); and it hasn't been working.

2. I'm not near my computer right now but since it's an event it should be e.getPlayer() or e.getThrower()

3. Choco

That's because ProjectileLaunchEvent#getThrower() doesn't exist... I suggest taking a look at the Javadocs for what you're working with. #getEntity() will return a Projectile, in which you may then invoke Projectile#getShooter() to return a ProjectileSource. Keep in mind that ProjectileSource can be a variety of different objects, not just Player. Assure that you're checking instanceof before casting

#3 Choco, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Code (Text):
        @EventHandler
        public void onPotionThrow(ProjectileLaunchEvent event) {
            if (event.getEntity().getType() == EntityType.THROWN_EXP_BOTTLE) {

if (thrower.getEntity instanceof Player) {

Entity potion = event.getEntity();
                Player thrower = event.getShooter();
                potion.setVelocity(new Vector(thrower.getLocation().getDirection().multiply(10).getX(), 5.0D,
                        thrower.getLocation().getDirection().multiply(10).getZ()));
            }
        }
        }
    currently not working, am i missing something?

5. Compile error detected, please don't write code in reverse... Fix that first.
    And as the person above you said, shooter is fetched from projectile, not event.

• Agree Agree x 1