Ghost Player appeared in my server.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by bkbird, Aug 14, 2019.

1. I have a minecraft1.14.4 server.And some ghost players appeared in my server.
    They can move,and some of them move very quickly.They can attack players.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now my players is afraid of it.
    And this is a video created by my player.

And My plugins list:
    Code (Text):
    Plugins (37): BannerMaker, ChatControl, ChestCommands, CombatPets, DeathMessagesPrime, DMPPlaceholderAPI*, DropItem, dynmap*, EpicHeads, FastAsyncWorldEdit, GemsEconomy*, GroupManager, HolographicDisplays, HolographicExtension*, ItemJoin, JupiterCore, KeepItems*, Matrix, Minepacks, Nicky*, PlaceholderAPI*, Plan*, PlayerParticles, ProtocolLib, RandomTeleport, SkinsRestorer, SuperNotBuild*, Triton*, Vault, ViaVersion*, WorldEdit, WorldSystem, WowSuchCleaner*
    And I am sure the players in the image did not exist.

#1 bkbird, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. I recommend performing an exorcism.
    That, or light the server on fire.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Do the players appear in the log files?

4. NO

5. I don't know if it can be useful, but make a timings test and send it here when it happens to check if there is a plugin with a suspicious event.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. The ghost players have been appeared before I installed that plugin.

7. Do the command /timings on
    Then do /timings paste

Copy the link and paste it here.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

8. My first suspicion goes to the Matrix anti cheat plugin. There could be some issue that causes Killaura detection to be seen by players.

Second suspicion plugins SuperNotBuild and DropItem mainly cause they're in version 1.0.

Third suspicion goes to any staff or generally players with permission that you have. Read the logs for any strange commands etc.

9. I also have a 1.13.2 survival server with the same plugins. And there are no ghost players in it.

10. might be skin restorer and its putting the skins on the player or something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. They are spawning from spawners in your clips. So might be a modified spawner

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I use Matrix on my server and it does not seem to create "Ghost Players".
    I was doing some searching about the plugins that where listed and CombatPets looks suspicious...

EDIT: @bkbird Also do you use PaperSpigot?

13. Yes, I am using PaperSpigot.

14. Solution:
    Remove plugins and see which one is causing the issue.

This thread has gone on with plenty of replies and no one has figured it out, so at the end of the day, the only way you can figure it out is remove groups of your plugins, restart your server and figure out which one is causing the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1