/give giving me issues

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Therobodavo, May 17, 2015.

1. So, I guess in the end my only issue im having is /give. I'm using a plugin that runs a command to give an item, and I'm using /give to do it. The issue is when the players inventory is full, and this runs, the item doesn't drop. I'm assuming this is because the essentials /give command doesn't drop with a full inventory. So I was wondering, is there a way to make /give drop with a full inventory like kits... or do I have to make 500+ kits for each item. If anyone has advice please let me know, otherwise this is just going to really annoy me xD.

Btw, I'm using Cratesreloaded, and mysterycrates(the type of crate).

Also, I'm using minecraft 1.8 and the 1.8 snapshot build of essentials. From what I know /give has always been like this.

2. well u told it /give so it gave u stuff... it just gave u issues

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol what? I'm asking if there's a way for me to give users items like /give but when they have a full inventory for the items to drop. /give doesn't do this, but essentials kits.. which runs /give according to the wiki, drops on full inventory. I really don't wanna make 500+ kits,

4. Bump? I'm having the same problem :(

5. You could just make a plugin for this. If a player's inventory is full, drop the item in front of the player. Shouldn't be too hard of a fix.

6. Yeah...

Code (Text):
    int freeSpace = 0;
    for (ItemStack i : player.getInventory()) {
    if (i == null)
    freeSpace++;

if(freeSpace == 0)
    player.sendMessage("Ima f#ck u up!!");
    but it would be much better if that would be already in Ess...

oh well...

7. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP, I came pretty late. But I have this problem to. Can someone make a plugin where u can do /givefull, basically same thing as the /give command, however, it will drop items on full inventory. PLS!

8. You know you bumped and still you did it?

Damn.

9. Wut?

10. Hello,
    Do you have Essentials?
    Maybe try essentials config or command /i

Thanks
    - Dawidperez (Daf4Life)

11. /i gives to self not to others

12. The vanilla give command:

It does exactly what you want. Instead of making a plugin to do it, just stop using a plugin to do it..

Code (Text):

give
    Restrictions
    Operator

First introduced
    1.3.1 (12w16a)

Gives an item to a player.

Syntax
      give <player> <item> [amount] [data] [dataTag]

Arguments
      player
      Specifies the target to give item(s) to. Must be a player name or target selector.
      item
      Specifies the item to give. Must be a valid item id (for example, minecraft:iron_shovel), or block id for which items exist. Numerical ids are unsupported.
      amount (optional)
      Specifies the number of items to give. Must be between 1 and 64 (inclusive), but can be 64 even when that's more than one stack. If not specified, defaults to 1.
      data (optional)
      Specifies the item data of the given item(s). Must be an integer between -2,147,483,648 and 2,147,483,647 (inclusive, without the commas), but values which are invalid for the specified item id revert to 0. If not specified, defaults to 0.
      dataTag (optional)
      Specifies the data tag of the given item(s). Must be a compound NBT tag (for example, {display:{Name:Fred}}).

Result
      Fails if the arguments are not specified correctly, or if player fails to resolve to one or more online players.
      On success, summons the specified item(s) at the location(s) of the target(s). If player resolves to multiple targets, each receives the specified number of items. The item entity's Owner tag is set to the target and its PickupDelay tag set to 0[Verify] so that it immediately enters the target's inventory if there is room.

13. Are you a YouTuber?

14. I saw a tutorial how to draw your skin to cartoon. It is the same exact skin :)

15. I don't understand why you're giving me all this chinese. And no I can't stop using essentials it is the most important plugin in my server.

16. I never told you to stop using essentials.. You can just stop overwriting the one command, or make an alias for it for this specific usage..

If that command is incomprehensible to you, how are you even running a server?

17. How am I running a server? Join my server tomorrow its releasing and you'll find out.
    I asked for a separate /givefull command. I don't understand what you are trying to help me with

18. The command i just showed you does exactly what you want someone to make a new command for, just use it? Maybe read stuff?

19. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

The default Minecraft /give command does not drop items at the player's feet if their inventory is full.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Well, about that...

"On success, summons the specified item(s) at the location(s) of the target(s). If player resolves to multiple targets, each receives the specified number of items. The item entity's Owner tag is set to the target and its PickupDelay tag set to 0[Verify] so that it immediately enters the target's inventory if there is room."