Bungee - Proxy Global Joins 4

Show join/leave messages across all servers.

1. Nick

IRC Staff

Nick submitted a new resource:

Global Joins (version 1) - Show join/leave messages across all servers.

Read more about this resource...

2. Nick

IRC Staff

Forgot to mention, this only works with some of the latest versions of Bungee, so make sure everything's up to date. I used b466 when building the plugin.

3. Could you make this plugin version-independent?

4. Why not update ?

5. Because it would mean downgrade as there are like 20 new bungeebuilds out already and it's broken with the latest ones

6. Nick

IRC Staff

Currently, it uses the ProxyServer.broadcast method, which is only available in more recent builds of BungeeCord. It may be compatible with some builds prior to 466, though that's the one I originally tested it with. It uses the new EventHandler annotations as well.

I've just tested it on the latest build (492) and it still works for me. What issues are you experiencing?

7. It just doesnt show global join and leave messages :( that's all i get, didn't
    check the logs yet. The correct output was "&e%user% joined the server", right?

8. Nick

IRC Staff

Correct. You likely won't see the message saying that you joined, but you should see the message whenever another player joins.

9. When players are banned or get kick when they join, it still says they joined and left! Sorry if this problem has already been reported....

LegendRealm
    Doom701

Server Ip = Legend-realm.com

10. The join messages should be configurable.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nick

IRC Staff

12. Nick

IRC Staff

It sounds like whatever plugin is managing your bans or kicking a player as they join is running on your Bukkit/Spigot servers. In order for it to not show the join/leave message for these players, you'll need to use a BungeeCord plugin to manage your bans. There's no quick and simple way for a BungeeCord plugin to see that a player is immediately kicked when joining a server in the network.

I've added this in the most recent update.

13. Error on the current build with the 527 BungeeCord. GlobalJoins 1 had no issues.

09:03:14 [INFO] Enabled BungeeCord version git-BungeeCord-Proxy-1.5-SNAPSHOT-"7fab3ba"-527
    09:03:14 [WARNING] Could not load plugin from file plugins/GlobalJoins.jar
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Plugin must have a plugin.yml
    at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:208)
    at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.detectPlugins(PluginManager.java:262)
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.start(BungeeCord.java:228)
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.main(BungeeCord.java:203)

Thank you for your work!

14. I think I figured out the issue. Didn't realize the download was a ZIP now. Had an automatic download script pull it.

Sorry!

15. Nick

IRC Staff

No problem, glad you got it working!

16. Thanks a lot for answering. I will get my coder to make this plugin for my server.

LegendRealm
    Doom701

Ip = legend-realm.com
    lrheadshots.com
    lrfactions.com

17. Nick

IRC Staff

There are readily available plugins such as BungeeBans that can do this for you, and are compatible with GlobalJoins. Worth checking it out to see if it has what you need already.

18. Heh, thanks for the support :D .

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. http://pastebin.com/7G6jyYhe

So this is a new error. Proxy starts, but there are no join or leave messages. And this is the error when starting. I think it's all of it.