Good antispam plugin

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by kyle, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Hey, I was looking at getting a GOOD antispam plugin. What would you recommend?
    Needs:
    - Caps Limter
    - Command Spam detection
    - Lightweight
    - Chat spam detection
    - (maybe) URL/IP blocker

2. Mikgreg

Supporter

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chatlimiter/
    Makes it so that players can only send messages after a configurable amount of time, blocks duplicate messages, blocks chatting without moving first when you log in & kicks if you spam a lot. If this is what you are going for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. joehot200

Supporter

I'd actually recommend you code one. I got stuck in other projects, but even when mine was half-done it worked better than most anti-spam plugins out there (Blocking spam with an extra ! on the end, blocking message repetition for ALL players, turning words like "fuck" into "damn", turning numbers into words (hehehe), turning things like RED into ChatColor.RED (Easy colour chat), etc.)

4. Favorlock

Sponsor

You could use PwnFilter and define regex rules, which I'm sure is capable of detecting spam, at least partially.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. We use pwnfilter with some custom regex rules and also chatcontrol I think which is ok but it's ad detection is awful natively. You can however define your own regex rules for that too.

Pwnfilter, though, is the way to go. Any regex chat filter will do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I second obscurehero on this. I just recently started using PwnFilter. It is the way to go.

7. I use:
    • NoCheatPlus
    • PwnFilter
    • NoRepeat - Custom plugin I made for my server. It calculates and uses the Damerau–Levenshtein distance between messages to detect duplicate messages. EX: Hello, HellO, Hell o, Hell0, H3llo are all detected as duplicates.
    • AntiAdvertising