Good console gaming monitors?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheBlackFish, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hey so I'm a console gamer and want a new monitor, I need a 1 MS delay. I can't really seem to find the best place to go. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. What kind of budget do you have?

3. I'm willing to pay anything below $600

4. I'd suggest checking out some monitors from BenQ and Asus, they have some pretty nice monitor with 1ms response times that fall into your budget.

5. Alrighty thanks!

6. Current-gen consoles only get 30fps (60 in some games) at a very low resolution, just about any monitor will be fine. Look for overall color quality, not blazing fast specs.

Anything screen over 1600x900 (for some PS4 games 1920x1080) will be scaling up an undersampled image when running console games, and not look as good as native resolution.

1MS response time is utterly wasted for console games (and almost all pc games), since that is only 1/16th to 1/33th of a frame, and 1/1000th of a second - undetectable.

7. I don't know much about consoles but @FlyingLlama seems to know what's talking about, if that's the case I'd suggest checking out the Dell UltraSharp series. The 24" version runs at about $220 each and they offer an IPS panel with great color quality (in my opinion).

8. I tried googling these and got dora the goddamn hellsent explorer.

9. with any console as of now a 1ms response time would be a waste i say get a 1600 x 900 60hz 5ms screen. they are cheap and are within the $100 price range. i did find a 1920 x 1080p screen with your 1ms response time for $110. not bad as i hear that next gen consoles can do up to 4k gaming using AMDs polaris GPUs

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rQvKZL
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rQvKZL/by_merchant/

Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor ($109.90 @ Micro Center)
    Total: $109.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-18 11:52 EDT-0400

10. Wow spigot is the best community ever thank you! I'll be sure to look at the suggestions!

11. I have a 27" AOC i2757Fm and its done me good for 2 years now and its amazing