Good Server Host/Migrating

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by mastercraft293, Feb 21, 2020.

1. I have a problem, i am running a server on server.pro with the highest plan of 40$ each month. Basically everywhere i get to hear that Server.pro is the worst.

So i wanted to switch the host and my current host that i have good thoughts on is OVH yet im not sure on that and i need help choosing a good solid host. It is urgent our current world size already is 15gb i want to move the server before the file size gets too big.

My last point is the MySQL database is it possible to move the data aswell?

Anyway i would really like some advice im getting worried.

2. Yes, you can migrate databases from different host. OVH may be a bit more pricey though, so make sure you choose the best plan for your server.

server.pro in my experiences of using it, it's good for smaller servers. But if you have a large playerbase, then it's not going to be as good. The specs aren't terrible, but they aren't good either. Even with the highest plan.

3. You can get a dedicated server from kimsufi.com (OVH). Im using them for more than 2 years.

4. I personally use ReviveNode if you want to have a host rather than a VPS/OVH. Has free sql databases as well. But it's all up to what you want to do :)

5. As I recently learnt after doing it myself, you are not allowed to use affiliate links according to the forum rules. Just letting you know so you don't get in some kind of trouble :)

And so that I do not wake up the post for nothing, I personally use ElHostingServices. They do not necessarily stand out when it comes to pricing or performance, but I am quite happy with them and their support team is amazing(they'll help you out with pretty much anything).