Good Server Host?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by SwiftUnlock, Mar 1, 2018.

1. With amplification attacks and ovh being in the top3 of the recent memcached ddos attacks involvement, and ddos attacks hitting over 1tbit/sec taking sites like github down.. i dunno if paying for ddos is really worth it these days. If they want you down: you go down.

2. I never have been atacked with 1 terrabyte per second, ovh.net deticated gameservers are good protected when i look at other hosters.
    Netcup goes down with some mbits per second.
    Or other hosters like webtropia, strato, ...

~DevSnox

• Like Like x 1
  3. Benz56

Junior Mod Supporter

I’d recommend BisectHosting.

Never had an issue with them and they respond within 10 minutes if you have any questions as well as being very professional and polite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I honestly wouldn't use them their hardware is really weak and they are expensive

5. Use VPS if u need the good one. Take a look on google for VPS provider.

6. AnvilNode.com 100%

7. extravm resells ovh servers it looks like.

i suggest just going with someone cheap like nocix until you need to expand. setup ip rotation so ddos attacks wont matter or a gretunnels or reverseproxies.

8. The cheapest and most reliable one is FalconNode, https://falconnode.pro/ $1.25 for 1GB, Very cheap. It is also the one i like to use for my server KizamyMC (Play.KizamyMC.Net)

9. There is no such thing as "unlimited ram". Any host that sells something like that is a pure scam. I haven't used much MC hosts, but I can sure as hell tell you that OmgServs is one of the worst I've ever experienced (being a dev for a server that used them).

10. Each time I see unlimited ram and cpu i just think to myself: i wonder how much money i can make through a lawsuit if i get a lawyer to look into this. What if i write an app that doesn't stress the system but requires 16 terabyte of data cycling for data calculations in memory?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I used to work at pebblehost.com and can say that they have a good management team. They offer plans which go for $1/GB which is extremely cheap. Other than that, anvilnode.com is also a good option too and can say many good things about them.

#33 SyNcNationHD, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  12. https://contabo.com is very good it has good vpses for good prices you'll get a lot of ram for a low price! :) Its starting at 6.99 EUR for 6gb.