Spigot GriefPrevention 16.17.1

PREVENTS all forms of grief - build/break, theft, spam, spawn camping, and more without a database.

1. Hey!
    We have used GriefPrevention for years but now I have found a bug from this plugin. When new player places chest next to someone else's claim it will create 1x1 claim for new player instead of full size claim.

EDIT: Created Github issue

#5161 Masa, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Smack your players and tell them not to do that ;)
    HAHA jk... but yeah I can totally see how that would be an issue, rare but possible!

3. Same for me with PaperClip 1.13.1.

4. then you have an old version of worldguard too.

Ugh, can't wait to scrap this dependency in v20.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hello.

Could you add an option to disable that GP protect Llama's and donkey's? With having "ProtectHorses:" to false removes only the horse protection. Not Llama's and Donkey's.

We need this because we have an other plugin that handle the protections of Horse's, Llama's, and Donkey's, however. Currently it does conflict with Claims because GP also protect it.

ps: I know about "ProtectCreatures:", but i only what those 3 un-protected from GP. Not every other non-hostile mob.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. I seem to have found a bug.

the anti-piston protection now seems to prevent you from breaking kelp, and possible sugarcane as well.

even if the piston and the kelp aren't in a claimed area, if it's within 12 blocks of the start of a claim, the piston goes boom. even if it's pushing WAY from the border of the claim.

i understand that the paranoid protections put in are an attempt to handle slime blocks, but they should still not trip for kelp, or any other block that breaks when pushed by a piston, unless the block is inside a claim that the piston is not.

7. My players can not secondary click with the golden shovel to create a claim.... Any suggestions?

8. Is there some error message? What about minimal size of claim?

9. Hi there. I wondering if it's possible to get support with protectionstones or anything addon like "can't place bedrock in grief prevention areas" Thanks!

Because I use Grief Prevention plus ProtectionStones for handling claims. Some players would like GriefPrevention and others ProtectionStones. And as I see on my server they too doesn't fit together. If I place a bedrock (the claimblock for protectionstones) In a grief prevention claim the block is removed but it flags as "created protectionstone region" even the block removes. Thanks again!

10. It does say size is too large until you get to the right size then it doesn't say anything and does not click. It seems to be working fine after they use /claim to make an initial claim. Ill check everything again then update.

11. Many thanks!

12. Hey~ Is there a way to disable the lowercasing of capital messages?

13. thanks great plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The latest version of grief prevention is not compatible with world guards latest version.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sk89q/worldguard/bukkit/permission/RegionPermissionModel 1
    5.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.WorldGuardWrapper.canBuild(WorldGuardWrapper.java:36) ~[?:?] 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.DataStore.createClaim(DataStore.java:863) ~[?:?]
    15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.PlayerEventHandler.onPlayerInteract(PlayerEventHandler.java:2440) ~[?:?] 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor620.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_161] 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_161] 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO at
    org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-500ff5d-1cead62] 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO ... 17 more
    15.09 18:19:25 [Server] ERROR Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to GriefPrevention v16.9 15.09 18:19:25 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.event.EventException: null

#5175 DovahKaal, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  15. Yes it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ok, I'll figure it out.

17. @RoboMWM Are you aware that when using the minecraft give command that the plugin is duplicating items? I just found this 5 mins ago on my 1.13.1 server and confirmed it is Grief Prevention that is causing it.

I sadly can not figure out why it would be doing such a thing though. :S Please help! I would really like it to not duplicate items to my players.

#5178 Grandof, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  18. The only time this happens is for worlds in the Creative claim mode, and is due to how the vanilla give command works - it spawns the item as a drop, which GP cancels - and somehow this leads to the person getting the item twice (I'm guessing spigot gives the player the item if the PlayerItemDropEvent is canceled, which for this specific instance, is not correct). But since the player is in creative mode, it doesn't matter.

19. I noticed that subclaims can cause problems with redstone and I'm wondering if there's a way around this?

I have a claim in which I made a semi-automated farm; basically a bunch of dispensers push out water to harvest the crops. This works perfect by itself. Players need build trust to replant but I don't want to risk that they might disrupt my redstone, so I made a subclaim (subdivide) on the field(s) itself and gave players a build trust there. However this results in the dispensers no longer placing water to harvest the crop.

I assume that this is intended behavior but it still strikes me as odd because the dispensers sit in the main claim which I assumed would overrule any permissions in the subclaim.

Either way it is obstructing my setup, is there a way around it?

(edit)

And I discovered that my issue is actually a non-issue :) As it turns out players who have container access can also replant crops, without having the ability to destroy my build. So.. nothing to see here, move along :D

#5180 ShelLuser, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018