Spigot GriefPrevention 16.17.1

PREVENTS all forms of grief - build/break, theft, spam, spawn camping, and more without a database.

1. I'd blacklist potions in Creative, unless you see any usefulness of them that I don't.

2. ssamjh

Is there a way to convert flat file to mysql?

3. It was just a spigot instance I setup to challenge a few people to crash it. They failed ofc :p. I'm not going to go through and put that much effort into a server that exists solely to be crashed.

4. ssamjh

I've done this before. I gave my server 512MB ram and 8 people all using tnt couldn't crash it!

5. About a couple of years ago, there was a feature in a dev build that allowed claim locking, which prevented it from being expired when it hit the all claim days limit.

Would it be possible to implement this feature again?

I wouldn't need it to check for a player permission or anything like that as I do understand that permissions checking is not available to offline players. However, would it be possible to add a flag or option in the player's file that states all their claims are locked (and possibly show this on /claimslist) command usage would be something like /lockplayerclaims <player> and /unlockplayerclaims <player>

It would be amazing if something like this would be implemented as it would help with players who will be on vacation and would not be able to log in for an extended period of time.

If an infinite lock would be a concern, a per player extension may be more fitting. For instance /extendexpirydate <player> <days> would keep the server and claims cleaner as it would require less admin intervention and it would be less likely to have an extensible amount of locked and forgotten claims; but I do understand that this would require more code and more work.

I appreciate your consideration for this feature and am looking forward to a favourable reply.

6. This would be nice, or to have it semi-automatic (perhaps after 30 days of play). At the moment, I have claims (not new player claims) set to expire after a year just to prevent inadvertent claim removals.

7. ssamjh

8. We got the problem that players can move their claims by resizing them. That allows them to farm huge amounts of ores and other resources. I don't know how you could fix that, maybe a permission for resizing or something similar? It just impacts our economy which decreases the lifespan of our project.

9. Hi,

for those who want or need that.
    Here's the messages.yml in german for GP 11.7.4.

messages.yml on pastebin

Regards

• Like Like x 4
  10. Is it possible you can add a feature for the plugin to hook into factions land claim?

So players only have to claim with factions and then this plugin !picks up/see" that claim and use it.

Best regards
    DarkLordDLDL

11. This is the weirdest request I have yet to see. All that I can make sense from this is that you'd like to use chunk-based claiming, something I suggested a while ago, which is not how this plugin operates (although it does have the potential to use commands, which I've been discussing a bit with BigScary earlier in this thread).

Are you using SurvivalRequiresClaims? You might want to investigate the abandonreturnratio config option.

12. Is anyone else getting this? All my claims are suddenly no longer loading :/

Update: Just investigated my griefpreventiondata\ClaimData, and found all the claims missing! I'm not sure if GP deleted these... Thank goodness for backups. The only thing that remained was nextclaimid, which was incremented 1 value higher than the backup's version. Investigating logs for any clues...

Update 2: Nope, GP just dumped all the claims out of the folder again, and did not change the nextclaimid. -_-

Update 3: Tried earlier versions to no avail. Same error. Perhaps Spigot changed something regarding getting offline players. I guess I should've been backing up spigot versions as well -_-

Code (Text):
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] [GriefPrevention] Enabling GriefPrevention v11.7.4
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: Grief Prevention boot start.
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: Finished loading configuration.
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: 0 total claims loaded.
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: Customizable messages loaded.
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: Successfully hooked into WorldGuard.
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [INFO] GriefPrevention: Finished loading data (File Mode).
    2015-07-12 13:02:55 [ERROR] Error occurred while enabling GriefPrevention v11.7.4 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.getOfflinePlayers(CraftServer.java:1464) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.GriefPrevention.onEnable(GriefPrevention.java:352) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at com.intellectualcrafters.plot.BukkitMain.loadPlugin(BukkitMain.java:481) [PlotSquared.jar:?]
    at com.intellectualcrafters.plot.BukkitMain.onEnable(BukkitMain.java:200) [PlotSquared.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:356) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:316) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:199) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:524) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-ec3f46e-2359f6f]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_45]

#833 RoboMWM, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  13. hello im having a bit of a problem not sure if im suppose to do something but how do i make it so players cant claim
    at spawn or maybe even a world guard region because players claim anvils/chest/echest/ect at spawn and then
    other players can no longer use it and if i use /adminclaim it pretty much does the same where players cant use
    it because they have no permission from admin to use the chest or anviles/enchantment table/ ect thanks

14. We are already using Survival Claims. AbandonReturnRatio is working when players are selling their claims. The problem is, that players can move their claims through the whole world bei moving the corners.

15. Make an admin claim, do /accesstrust public (and perhaps also /containertrust public)

This will allow everyone to access anvils/chests/whatever in the admin claim.

Via the video, claims made in Creative cannot be resized or removed, although this has changed I assume due to the claim clearing system. However, I do not know if this is still the case for SurvivalRequiresClaims option. By the way, are you using this option? "Survival Claims" could also mean the regular claims...

#836 RoboMWM, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  16. gg thanks bruh

17. Anyone know what would cause the following. I have the latest spigot and latest GP. I can make claims but they seem to go away when I restart the server. Edit: starting a 2nd server with all the same plugins and I am not having the same issue. Can't imagine what I could have done to cause this. The first server is quite new. Edit2: After many restarts on the first server I have found the culprit to be PlotSquared. Not sure if this is a known issue or not. Last edit: Manually downloading the latest PlotSquared instead of using /plot update seems to have resolved the issue

[15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: [GriefPrevention] Enabling GriefPrevention v11.7.4
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: Grief Prevention boot start.
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: Finished loading configuration.
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: 0 total claims loaded.
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: Customizable messages loaded.
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: Successfully hooked into WorldGuard.
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/INFO]: GriefPrevention: Finished loading data (File Mode).
    [15:33:11] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling GriefPrevention v11.7.4 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.getOfflinePlayers(CraftServer.java:1462) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.GriefPrevention.onEnable(GriefPrevention.java:352) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at com.intellectualcrafters.plot.BukkitMain.loadPlugin(BukkitMain.java:481) [PlotSquared.jar:?]
    at com.intellectualcrafters.plot.BukkitMain.onEnable(BukkitMain.java:200) [PlotSquared.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:356) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:316) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:199) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:524) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-6d16e64-b105298]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_45]

#838 JoeCow, Jul 13, 2015
  18. Ooooh, I'm having this issue too, and I happen to be running PlotSquared as well. Interesting... not sure what /plot update does that breaks GP :/ Although PlotSquared did update today regarding a change with UUID caching, so perhaps that was doing something...

#839 RoboMWM, Jul 13, 2015
  19. We set "SurvivalRequiringClaims" for our worlds. Is that right or do we have to set "SurvivalRequiresClaims"?