Group manager problem

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Gg6, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gg6

Gg6

I have a 1.14.4 server and I added to the Group manager plugins but when I reload it does not create its folder while if I download the one for the newer version (1.15) it does the folder, the server sees it but marks it in red on the plugin, can you help me?

2. Try this one.
    https://github.com/GroupManager/GroupManager/releases/tag/v0.2.0

3. use LuckPerms, it has more functionnalities that GroupManager

4. Gg6

Gg6

My intent was that the player added by me in the owner group wrote in red or the admin in yellow, which plugin is better? (Regarding GroupManager I have solved but also if I add a player in chat to the Owner group, even if it is set in config can't write with that color) Thanks in advance.

5. Gg6

Gg6

6. Gg6

Gg6

7. Your GroupManager+ config file has errors.

It's "- user" and "- group", not "-group"

Here's a fixed Config File:

Code (YAML):

#
    # GroupManager+
    #   config.yml
    #
    settings
    :
      config
    :
       # With this enabled anyone set as op has full permissions when managing GroupManager
        # The user will be able to promote players to the same group or even above.
        opOverrides
    : true

# Default setting for 'mantogglevalidate'
        # true will cause GroupManager to attempt name matching by default.
        validate_toggle
    : true
        # ************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        # *** NOTE: Having this feature enabled can allow improper use of Command Blocks which may lead to undesireable permission changes. You have been warned! ***
        # ************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        allow_commandblocks
    : false

data
    :
        save
    :
         # How often GroupManager will save it's data back to groups.yml and users.yml
          minutes
    : 3
          # Number of hours to retain backups (plugins/GroupManager/backup)
          hours
    : 24

logging
    :
       # Level of detail GroupManager will use when logging.
        # Acceptable entries are - ALL,CONFIG,FINE,FINER,FINEST,INFO,OFF,SEVERE,WARNING
        level
    : INFO

mirrors
    :
           # Worlds listed here have their settings mirrored in their children.
            # The first element 'world' is the main worlds name, and is the parent world.
            # subsequent elements 'world_nether' and 'world_the_end' are worlds which will use
            # the same user/groups files as the parent.
            # the element 'all_unnamed_worlds' specifies all worlds that aren't listed, and automatically mirrors them to it's parent.
            # Each child world can be configured to mirror the 'groups', 'users' or both files from its parent.
            world
    :
              world
    :
             - user
              - group
              world_nether
    :
             - users
              - groups
              world_the_end
    :
             - users
              - groups
              all_unnamed_worlds
    :
             - users
              - groups
        #  world2:      (World2 would have it's own set of user and groups files)
        #    world3:
        #    - users    (World3 would use the users.yml from world2, but it's own groups.yml)
        #    world4:
        #    - groups   (World4 would use the groups.yml from world2, but it's own users.yml)
        #  world5:
        #    - world6   (this would cause world6 to mirror both files from world5)

Spacing errors can be found by using a YAML parser like this one: https://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/

8. Gg6

Gg6

The config file don't work

9. Gg6

Gg6

I installed the newer version of GroupManager, but it didn't work and neither did the fixed config file

10. GroupManager 0.3.0 for Spigot 1.15.1 works great on 1.15.1, no need for 1.14 or LP.

11. Gg6

Gg6

I don't know why but Group Manager doesn't work on my server, It does not create any folder.

12. Gg6

Gg6

However, my intent was to create different groups and each of these groups can write with different chats color like red for Founder and yellow for Admin,
    Do you know a way to do it?

13. If it can't start, the console has error msgs. You'd need those

14. Gg6

Gg6

[19:41:41] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\JAVA8_GroupManager-v0.3.0.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: Unsupported API version 1.15
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_14_R1.util.CraftMagicNumbers.checkSupported(CraftMagicNumbers.java:261) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:130) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:337) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:257) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_14_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:355) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:226) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:876) ~[patched_1.14.4.jar:git-Paper-238]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_231]

15. You didn't read the discussion I've linked, but simply downloaded the file without understanding why...
    Your problem is not related to the java version, go on to read the discussion or TLDR.

16. Gg6

Gg6

II apologize but I am Italian (I am a 14 year old boy) and I am not very good in English, I often use google translator to write messages (as now) and it is difficult for me to understand the translations without meaning that google translates, I will go to read it.

17. Gg6

Gg6

For some reason unknown to me now the chat and the colors work, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.