GroupManager Alternative?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by WiseHollow, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Hello. Is there a permissions plugin that works in Spigot 1.9? I tried using GroupManager, and it throws out errors on startup?

EDIT: I got GroupManager working again. :)

#1 WiseHollow, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. How did you manage to make it work? Multiple people have the same issue (including myself) and are looking for a way to fix it. :s

3. PermissionsEX

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Put GroupManager.jar into your BuildTools folder and then run:

java -jar BuildData/bin/SpecialSource-2.jar map -m CraftBukkit/deprecation-mappings.csrg -i MyPlugin.jar -o MyPlugin-fixed.jar

Replace "MyPlugin" with whatever you have the GroupManager jar named (Some have GroupManager.jar and some EssentialsGroupManager.jar)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Oh my god thank you so much that worked! :) Saved me the hassle of switching to another permission plugin. Thank you!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. No problem!

7. Thank you very much!
    For those who may not have the ability to pull that off, or too lazy, you can take a risk and download my converted. I ran the same method nickshelton80 did. Entirely up to you guys to try.
    http://mc.mine-craft-den.com/public/GroupManager-BT.jar

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. SkyServers

Supporter

Anyone having trouble with multiple worlds and group manager?

9. Does that method work with other plugins that aren't working in 1.9?

10. I believe some of them, yes. :)

11. Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'll post the ones it worked with

• Like Like x 1
  12. After the fix, '/setspawn' doesn't work. Says I have no permission even with * perm and OP.

13. Odd, I didn't have any issues with that. I think anyway I'm going to use bPermission's converter so I don't have to worry about GM breaking more in another update.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm considering doing the same change. GroupManager is no longer supported so it might be time for a change.

15. Someone should take up the responsibility and take over group manager.

16. I may publish my own. But doubt it since I just cannot find the time for +1 project. XD

#16 WiseHollow, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Is there a specific version that this fix works with and will it work with multiple worlds?
    Thanks in advance :)

18. Not that I am aware.

19. EssentialsX GroupManager is solution...