[GUIDE] Server Optimization⚡

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Celebrimbor, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I dont have any of the options in paper.yml, any help? Im using paper 1.16.4

2. is this better than akiras flag? im using java 11

• Like Like x 1
  3. ViewDistanceTweaks is a great plugin for reducing lagg when lots of players are joining

4. I have one problem, which has been happening to me for two seasons in a row, FPS drops when I am going between chunks.
    I get into one chunk and on the border with another chunk, minecraft freezes me for few second. It is happening to all player on the server ?
    But that’s only in some chunks. I use this optimization from the first post, so maybe someone has a problem like this and how to solve it?

5. halloo... can someone can help me
    i have problem with my server..
    tps alway drop 6-10 with 20-40 players, however player never feel the lag only my tps droped
    this my timing
    https://timings.aikar.co/?id=36fa86129be44fe6a8493db03464064c#timings
    sever spec: 32gb ram. 8core 2,5ghz Intel Xeon Platinum 8259CL
    flags:
    Xms128M -Xmx18432M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1​
    sorry for my english thanks before..

6. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

You should really include settings for all the other spawn ticks there, there is no reason to try to spawn stuff like ambient and water mobs every single tick. See this section for the values that I personally use and recommend as not gameplay breaking.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. #528 qwe938775, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  8. Celebrimbor

Patron

Good call. Those were a more recent add. Updated the guide :)

9. <16.0 = Unplayable...
    2B2T-Hhaahhahahaahhaa. Wait are you serious? AHAHAHHHAHAHA

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Awesome! Really complete guide to optimize everything! I had been using this since I am here and still works almost every suggestion, nice work!

• Agree Agree x 1