Hacked client that freezes server

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Gerolf, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's a "private" hacked client that can completely freeze and possible crash latest spigot server, I hope this can be fixed. Link to the client below video

And this is from my server's log:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxzYmjqJAxrFODRIWmNSRzhzSzA (too long to paste here)
    Before this no errors, just players chatting that serv freezed.

2. joehot200

Supporter

Definitely a chat related thing causing the problem. Does he explain how it's done? I can't speak klingon. :(

Edit: Sorry, It wasn't a chat thing, it's a book thing.

3. It's a book things a was fixed in latest spigot 2 days ago.
    Update to latest build and it should be fine.

4. No, he doesn't explain anything. He just boasts that he bought this cheat and cracked it and aslo he "punish" servers that are bad in terms of donate...

5. Really?, ok time to update

6. He won't explain because he don't know shit. This particular exploit was designed and written by a team of people including me and he just used it.
    You keep sending MC|BEdit packet with 100 pages with 256 symbols each, and server dies because spigot tries to convert every book page to valid json component which takes a lot time (And reading happens on main thread because custom payload processing happens on main thread).

7. so it's 100% fixed now?

8. Yes. The packet is throttled (you can only send it once per 20ms), and vanilla book page limits apply.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.