Hashmap, String, List or what

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Smyle, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Sup.

A couple days ago i started tryin to develop a kinda "warp teleport" style plugin with all these stuff like SQL Connection, storing data by using String and Integers (with UUID, etc.)... But i got an issue:

Actually, i have 3 different Strings which will serve like "warp" names, such named as loja1, loja2 and loja3 (all of these Strings can be repleaced for other things such as "e-mail", "password", etc. it works the same way) and everything works perfectly fine until the momment i have to display all of these 3 strings (for other players) like you would use to display an List inside a loop.

Here is what i use for display it for the player whom has the String (it works tho):

[​IMG]

This method will return/set the String loja1 as well as the other two methods i have to display/set all the other Strings. But the issue is... When i want to return these Strings in a command such as /displaystrings, for example, i would use getLoja1(), getLoja2(), etc. But what should i do if i want to return all of these strings for all players online? Like looping.

No spon feed, pls, i just want to understand what i have to do, not copy paste a code and still being knowless.
    Thanks

Ps: i hope all i said is readable, my english sucks (obviously i speak a different language)

2. You might want to store them all in a List then instead of having a method for each one like getNomeLoja1() and setNomeLoja1(String loja1)
    you could create methods: getNomeLoja(int index) and setNomeLoja(int index, String loja)
    I hope that makes sense to you.

3. Hey, thanks for replying.

Okay, i will try to index them into a List, but what about if a player tries to see his own "warp"? How would i select the match number on List to return his "warp" name?

Thanks again.

4. You need to store a new hashmap or a class where you can store the player and the warp

5. You can use a Map.

Maps are collections of pairs.
    These pairs can be of the same type, or different types.
    For example:
    Code (Java):

Map<String, Location> locations = new HashMap<>(); // new HashMap<String, Location>() for Java <7

/* Put a pair */
    locations.put("spawn", new Location(world, 0, 0, 0));

/* Get a warp */
    locations.get("spawn"); // Will return null if not found

For more information, see the Javadoc for Map.

• Agree Agree x 1