Head above player [Solved]

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by _JoeM, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Hey!

I have a got a command, so when they type /head _joem - it gives them the head and when you hold the head it puts a head about 1 or 2 blocks above the player and it stays up there (when they move it stays above them too) it only removes the head when they've stopped holding the head. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Thanks!

1. Player executes the command
    2. Mount an armor stand on top of the player
    3. Make the armor stand invisible
    4. Equip the head on the armor stand

1. Make a scheduler and check every <x seconds> if player is still holding the head

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. @wazoomie But the player can't break or touch blocks if I mount it to the head or (setPassenger) ? Any ideas

3. I don't think it's in the API (yet?) but you could try setting the "marker" tag of the armor stand- it's maybe that the armor stand is getting in the way of the player interacting? It shouldn't be though I guess since it's above the player...

4. @_JoeM If it interests you at all I may release my balloons plugin this weekend, which is most likely what you are looking for :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. @Mr_toaster111 It probably is what I'm looking for :p Please release it!! :) Thankyou

#6 _JoeM, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Yeah awesome~!

7. Wow can I have the link?

8. FFS why did you necro this post? You couldn't read it was from a year ago?

9. I know but ive been needing a plugin like this.

10. @Mikeyjohn03 still, this post is a year old. Just let it die

11. Can the balloons plugins still be released?