Spigot Head Sweeper [1.13 - 1.16] 1.6.0

A mine sweeper implementation for minecraft using custom skinned heads from heads.freshcoal.com

1. cc007 submitted a new resource:

Head Sweeper - A mine sweeper implementation for minecraft using custom skinned heads from heads.freshcoal.com

Read more about this resource...

2. So how do you use it? No commands?

3. Ah, thanks for the tip of explaining that ^^;

The command to use is /headsweeper (or /sweeper for short)

This command shows info on how to use the plugin, but I'll explain it for you too

/headsweeper create here <width> <length> <bombcount>: create a field with the specified size and bombcount at your location
    /headsweeper create <worldname> <x> <y> <z> <width> <length> <bombcount>: create a field with the specified size and bombcount in a specified world at a specied location
    /headsweeper delete <boardnr>: delete a specified board
    For these two you need to have the permission sweeper.manage

/headsweeper reset <boardnr>: reset a specified board
    For these two you need to have the permission sweeper.reset

You can play a game if you have the permission sweeper.interact
    On a board you can open a field by left clicking the head
    By rightclicking, you can flag a field
    By rightclicking an already opened field, you can request the board number (given you have the permission sweeper.lookup to do so)

4. cc007 updated Head Sweeper with a new update entry:

Important update to v1.1.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Hey there, first off i was getting a console error with the plugin "drugs" and couldn't right click to set a flag and fields wouldn't open, it would just reveal the one head that was clicked.
    I removed the plugin and now can use both right click and left click functions but actions/moves do not appear until i leave and then join the server again. heads dont seem to be updating "live". (no errors in the console)

6. Great idea! I would love to use this plugin but there seems to be a serious bug: some blocks just won't let you flag themselves and you get:

Code (Text):
    [HeadSweeper]This is game has game number 0
    ...in game when right-clicking a block. Nothing in console. At the same time you actually can flag another block. Not sure if this is random or if there is any pattern so you can replicate this on your side. But it doesn't take long... after reset you just start playing and it will bug out like that after several moves. My field is: 10x10 and there are 15 bombs.

I noticed something important: it happens sometimes that when you open a block and a few near you get tagged with numbers - there will be blocks that have same skin as those ones but no numbers on them and also they won't react to left button and will produce that strange error in game on right click. It's easy to see them as they have all-grey top border, while regular (working properly) ones are white-grey or all-grey but with number.

#8 monsune, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  7. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Great plugin! I really like it (see next post). However, a bug report.

I do not experience persistence across server reboots. I created 9 minefields. Everything works (very well). When I reboot the server, I get an error in the controller, and the plugin aborts. The environment is Spigot 1.8.8, WE/WG/PEX/MV etc, all latest pulls.

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.controller.HeadSweeperGame.<init>(HeadSweeperGame.java:81) ~[?:?]

Here is a workaround: Before I reboot the Spigot server, I delete ./plugins/HeadSweeper/sweeperGames.json. After reboot, I recreate the minefields (I wrote something to do that reliably). So my players are happy, but it would be nice to have a more robust product. Please.

#9 SlimeDog, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  8. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

It's been six months since CC007 commented or updated here. CC007's release comments suggested that a few improvements were in the works, which I would sure like to see:
    • Leaderboards, rated by time-to-solve and separate for each level. My level definitions are: beginner = 5 x 5 with 4 mines, intermediate = 7 x 7 with 7 mines, expert = 11 x 11 with 25 mines, extreme = 27 x 27 with 145 mines (approximately the same number of cells as the original 16 x 32 MS board, but more mines). Anything close to those would be acceptable, but probably should be configurable.
    • Configurable timer (ie, visible or not).
    Since I'm making a list, I would like a few other things as well:
    • /sweeper list command, that would display the board locations. Permission: sweeper.list or op.
    • /sweeper tp <board #> command, that would take me to the indicated board. Permission: sweeper.tp or op.
    • Configurable ability to orient boards in other cardinal directions, or even vertically (ie., on walls). Permission: sweeper.manage or op.
    • Configurable ability to make the first probe free. In other words, if the first click yields TNT, it should not be displayed or counted as a loss. The board should reset automatically until the initial probe yields a number. This is a standard MS Minesweeper feature.
    • Configurable messages, with recognition of appropriate placeholders: %player%, %sweeper_board_level%, %sweeper_bombs%, %sweeper_counter%, %sweeper_timer%, etc.
    This plugin is so much fun I would offer financial support, if maintenance were resumed.

#10 SlimeDog, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  9. cc007 updated Head Sweeper with a new update entry:

Back to spigot!

10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Any prospect of a leaderboard? That would be a great addition to the Sweeper product.

11. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Please add localization files, so messages can be translated (and otherwise altered).

12. Hello, I am a chinese player. This plugin is very good! Can I carry it to the MineCraft forum in China?(www.mcbbs.net)I will keep your original right

13. cc007 updated Head Sweeper with a new update entry:

Full support for minecraft version 1.13

• Like Like x 1
  14. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Spigot 1.13 latest
    HeadSweeper 1.4.0
    Code (Text):
    [22:19:23] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling HeadSweeper v1.4.0-1.13 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
            at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.controller.HeadSweeperGame.initMetaData(HeadSweeperGame.java:251) ~[?:?]
            at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.controller.HeadSweeperGame.<init>(HeadSweeperGame.java:88) ~[?:?]
            at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.controller.HeadSweeperController.<init>(HeadSweeperController.java:58) ~[?:?]
            at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.HeadSweeper.loadGames(HeadSweeper.java:215) ~[?:?]
            at com.github.cc007.headsweeper.HeadSweeper.onEnable(HeadSweeper.java:84) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:339) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:403) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:426) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:340) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.m(MinecraftServer.java:562) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.g_(MinecraftServer.java:524) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:423) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:288) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:686) [spigot-1.13.jar-2018-08-25-2137:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-162bda9]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]

15. I will take a look at it. Next time please post these in the Discord channel, so that I get an immediate notification. That might reduce the time it takes until this is fixed.