Headphones for the Gym

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Damiann, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM.

?

Headphones for the Gym

This poll will close on Oct 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM.
  1. Headphones

20.0%
  2. Earphones

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I'm Damian and I'm an eighteen-year-old student from the United Kingdom. I'm looking to receive some advice on which headphones I should purchase after success with my other threads.

I have used both headphones and earphones for the gym in the past so am open to suggestions for either of these. I also do a lot of running so if you are suggesting headphones they must be suitable.

I have never really purchased an expensive pair of headphones, but as I'm now taking my fitness more serious, I have decided to invest in a pair, although I am unsure where to start looking.

I have just purchased the Samsung A50, so AirPods, which have been suggested to me a lot are out of the question. I have had my eye on the Project Rock Edition Headphones by Under Armour.

Thanks in advance to anyone who provides me with advice on what headphones to get for the gym. I do not have a set budget but do not mind paying a premium price for headphones with good reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Air pods. They actually never fall out, I forget they're in with how comfortable they are, sound good (not an audiophile), and have great voice quality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the advice @drtshock.

I have just purchased the Samsung A50, which is an Android phone. I have read that AirPods actually work with Android phones (or any device that has Bluetooth for that matter). I spoke with a friend who has an iPhone and AirPods not too long ago and he said that they should be fine, however, some of the features will not be the same with an Android.

I do not know how true that is, do you know if there is anything that does not work with an Android phone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not sure, I have an iPhone X.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I know that the airpods do have a bluetooth feature for other phones, I'm sure that they will work, but you will have to manually pair them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Why don't you borrow the AirPods for a few minutes and try them out(on your phone) ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks for the response @LegendEffects.

Yeah, I was pretty confident that AirPods worked with other phones but was not sure if they would work as well with them. I suppose having to manually connect them with Bluetooth would be a bit of a pain, but probably not a massive downfall as I would have to do that with pretty much all the headphones out there.

I will have to look into the AirPods more before making a decision.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the response @procrastination.

I will probably end up doing that as many people seem to be fond of the AirPods, the main reason I have not asked to test them out is because I have mainly been looking at other headphones and did not really see the AirPods as a good option for me. As I said though, I will definitely have to look into them more and make a decision.

I am still leaning towards a pair of headphones like the Project Rock Edition Headphones I think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nine0999

Nine0999 Previously Neon_Logiik

I have a variety of audio products and have tried both headphones and earphones as well, but I end up going with something along the lines of earphones since they allow a lot more airflow, especially when working out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks for the advice @Neon_Logiik.

I agree, earphones tend to be more comfortable and you can wear them for longer periods of time, I have also been considering purchasing a pair of earphones over the headphones as it is kind of important to hear what is around me when I am out running. I would like to return home in one piece if possible!

Is there any specific earphones you suggest?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nine0999

Nine0999 Previously Neon_Logiik

I use the beatsX (or whatever its called) myself since it was on sale when I was shopping for earphones, but many others could work better

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks for the suggestion @Neon_Logiik.

I have not actually heard of these earphones so just had to have a look on google. I'm sure the earphones themselves are great quality but I'm looking for completely wireless headphones (or earphones) as the wire tends to be a pain when running, especially in windy conditions. I suppose there isn't many earphones like that other than the AirPods.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quick update on the headphones.

I have tested out my friends AirPods today and although they are pretty impressive, I do not think they are suitable for Android phones as some of the features are lacking such as having the manually connect them and the ability to easily change song. I have been looking at some bose headphones and they could be the way forward.

If anyone has bose headphones and has the time to leave their opinion on them in the replies it would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice. I have decided to purchase some bose headphones after looking into them. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.