Spigot HeadsPlus » 1.15.2 - 1.18 7.0.0-MVP-1

A heads plugin with advanced head drops, crafting, selling, challenges and much more!

1. Hey nice plugin!! I have a problem with zombies, creepers, skeletons and wither skeletons, can only drop vanilla heads item (CREEPER_HEAD, ZOMBIE_HEAD, etc) and not playerhead with custom textures for that entities? sorry about my language I speak spanish.

2. Hello - thank you!

In the mobs.yml file (this example being the zombie), you can just add '{mob-default}' into the names section:

Code (Text):
    zombie:
        name:
        - '{mob-default}'
    This is also possible with creepers, skeletons, wither skeletons and the Ender Dragon.

3. Thatsmusic99 updated HeadsPlus [1.8.x-1.15.x] with a new update entry:

Crafting + Sellhead overhaul, also lots of bug fixes and changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Hi.

So, if I update to the new plugin's version, I have to update the mobs.yml because it's gonna be reset, right?

And, regarding to the heads, what do you mean with "sell all your heads before updating"? Is there a command to sell all the player's heads or something similar?

5. Hi,

mobs.yml isn't getting a full reset, no. It is only resetting the provided textures used when dropping heads so it uses custom textures rather than player heads. Some heads will also start using {mob-default} instead because it's been asked about a lot.

Here's a comparison of the mobs.yml file before (left) and after (right) the v6.10.3 update:

[​IMG]
    (The missing ' on the right was just a mistake I made copying and pasting the settings - chances are not getting reset either, it is only the name settings that are to try and fix a lot of problems caused by MHF heads. If you do use any custom textures/names you want to keep though, back up the mobs.yml file through renaming it to something else for a bit, and add the textures/names into the newly generated file with the new format.)

As with selling all heads - the IDs used in sellable heads are changing between v6.10.2 and v6.10.3 (e.g. cavespider changes to CAVE_SPIDER) just to make it easier for me to manage future updates, but it also means that old heads from earlier versions become unsellable because they are no longer recognised. However, if you hold an old head in your hand and use /hp debug fix <Entity type of the head>, it'll make it sellable again.

I'm hoping that answered your questions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm having issues with mask effects in this new version, I did /hp headinfo add VILLAGER mask LUCK 1 but the head doesn't give any effects. The console doesn't give any errors, or messages at all. The last update worked fine, not too sure what went wrong here. This is a fantastic plugin overall, though! The players on my server love it!

7. This was found and fixed in the most recent snapshot, found here: https://github.com/Thatsmusic99/HeadsPlus/releases/tag/v6.10.4-SNAPSHOT-1

I’m happy to hear you and your players are enjoying it though!

8. Alright that’s odd, but by the looks of it, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem either. Thus even though there’s an error, it won’t ruin the whole plugin.

I will look into fixing it though.

9. Overall happy with the new snapshot and it's great to see all the headway this plugin's made. Mask effects can still be a bit buggy though, having multiple mask effects stack when used, and shift equiping heads doesn't apply any effect at all. Absolutely essentials plugin for any survival server, can't wait to watch further development!

10. Shift equiping shouldn’t be a problem to fix, thanks for letting me know! As with the first problem, I will check that, but do you mean that players don’t even have their mask effects removed? Or mask effects just stack up in between switching?

11. It takes a few seconds for mask effects to be removed, which is no big deal, but when reapplying a different head with a different effect sometimes it will give the player the previous mask's effect, or no effect at all. For example, a player put on a slime head with jump boost, then put on a witch head with invisibility and got both effects permanently, then the slime didn't give any effects at all until the server restarted

12. Okay, I'll be looking at that. Although, because 1. It's not an easy-fix error, 2. I'm having to move faster with a second project I have (school-related if that explains it). Thanks for letting me know however!

13. #696 Thatsmusic99, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The new update is AMAZING, mask effects have never been smoother! However, I still don't get any effects when shift equipping heads. Any ideas?

15. That’s wonderful to hear! For the issue though, what version are you using? I will do extra testing but I tested it all on Paper 1.15.2.

Oh scratch that. Thanks Spigot!

#698 Thatsmusic99, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  16. Thatsmusic99 updated HeadsPlus [1.8.x-1.15.x] with a new update entry:

Bug fixes (mainly masks)

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Fixed in the latest update along with a fix that {mob-default} heads (such as the zombie, skeleton, creeper etc.) not working.