Help!. again

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by RagJag__, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Okay so im making a prison server, im using pex how do i make a - z ranks with pex cus my issue is how do i have both my server ranks and my a - z ranks??

2. Weaves

Resource Staff

You can have your server ranks on one permission ladder and your prison ranks on another. Then add the appropriate rank from each ladder to the user. See here: https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Ranks-(Promotion-and-Demotion)

3. i didn't understand any of that shit :/

4. Weaves

Resource Staff

If you are going to be running a server I suggest you try harder to learn that "shit", otherwise you will fail miserably since permissions are a key component to running any server. What part are you having trouble with?

5. Okay I'm sorry, I'm having trouble to add a - z ranks to my config file so when they /rankup it add B and they still keep there server rank

6. Weaves

Resource Staff

What plugin are you using for /rankup? Did you read the contents of the link I pasted above? If so what part of it are you struggling with?

7. I was going to help you, but with that kind of attitude you're never going to learn properly. Weaves is taking the time out of his day to help you with your issue.

8. i did read it but i don't understand, im using ezrankspro (not cracked)

9. I understand, i apologize.

10. I'd suggest reading through ezrankspro's page; https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ezrankspro.10731/
    If you go to the admin commands section you'll find the "/ezadmin createrankup" command, use that to create both your paths then you can use the configs to customise them if you still need to.

I haven't used that plugin but this should be enough to get you started, just mess around with it until it works.

11. Weaves

Resource Staff

How are you going to rankup your server ranks? I have not used that plugin so I am not sure if it would support multiple paths. It looks like you will have to create all of your ranks and add the proper easyranks.rank.<rank> permission node to each one. Then you would have to do as Broccolai suggested and createrankup for each possible rankup. Just make sure you dont have any of the server ranks ranking up to a a-z rank or vice versa.

12. i have permissions ex aswell Weaves