Help delete a massive amount of invisible entites and particles from a world!

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by 10kk, Jan 18, 2019.

1. This sounds a bit crazy - I have run into a big problem where there's an insane amount of invisible entites and invisible particles condensed in one area, generating a severe amount of fps lag to anyone close to it (Even if particles are turned to minimal).
    Based on the F3 debug screen there's 692 entites, and 11,500 particles in this loaded area -- these numbers go up and down over time. It tanks anyone to <2 FPS.
    It does not seem to lag the server at all however, TPS stays at 19.8+ with 12 people online while this chunk is loaded.

The origination of these invis. entites and particles are likely from the latest Mythicmobs, but i'm not requesting support for it, rather just looking for a way to clear a world of all entites (and subsequent particles?) from existence. I can say that restarting the server, using StaffTools clearlag, and resetting MM had no effect.

Please help!

#1 10kk, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Hi,
    If you need to clear all particles in a server, you can type /kill @e[type=particle] - but keep in mind that will remove all particles in the server.

I hope this thread was helpful!
    -xLengoBug5

3. Do /minecraft:kill @e
    You’ll die, but it will kill every entity

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. If the comment above mine doesn't work i can make you a simple plugin just to clear all entities in a radius

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. That would be super preferred, I can't kill every entity on the server (that is loaded?) As there's always people online with their own non-offending entities.

6. Then either:
    1: tell them to leave 2 min for maintenance.
    2: do /minecraft:kill @e[type=!Player]

7. That would be super preferred, I can't kill every entity on the server (that is loaded?) As there's always people online with their own non-offending entities.
    I was referring to animals and farms, not the players themselves

8. It may be possible with WorldEdit List of commands
    For Living Entities see the /butcher command
    If the particles are generated from the Living Entities, such as EnderMan, Cave Spiders, etc., the particles should clear after a short time.

#9 Goldentoenail, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  9. I tried this, but apparently the entites are not living. Tried huge radius and killed 0.

There is no type particle.

~~

I found a solution to this problem myself, I used the command "/remove all 1000" and it removed all the 690 entities which were putting out the 11k particles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maybe, check for a cause such as customised spawners or defective spawning plugin.

11. A plugin specifically aimed at this type of problem could be very popular.