Help fast

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Regele_Edge, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Can anyone give me a link to download spigot 1.12.2 please? I'm new on this site... please help me fast!

2. Strahan

Benefactor

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Strahan

Benefactor

You really don't want to do that. Who knows what else may have been added to the JAR?

I keep telling myself someday I wanna get the Spigot code and modify it to broadcast in the chat every 5 minutes saying something like "This is just an annoyance. But this could be a virus instead - this is why you do not download precompiled Spigot! Click here to download BuildTools" then when ppl ask for the Spigot JAR, give them that to prove a point lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have a question. Why do you need to use build tools to get the jar? Like why can't spigot don't just put out the jar to download?

6. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

7. you could compare the hashes between them

8. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

Wouldn't that require you to have the correct BuildTools jar in order to be able to compare?
    Then why would you even bother downloading pre-compiled jars elsewhere if you already have the correct one..?

9. people can post the correct hashes and compare
    or to determine whether a source is trustworthy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

If someone isn't capable of figuring out how to compile the jar via BuildTools they sure as hell won't know how to compare hashes lol. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Strahan

Benefactor

That seems like more hassle than just building the JAR lol.

It is stupid simple to use BuildTools. The only effort is in the initial installation of the Git software, and that is not hard at all.

Actually, I just remembered that I made a video showing how to do it from scratch (i.e. including the installation of Git)

#13 Strahan, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1