Help Getting Started

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Zippy96, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I’m not an expert but maybe it has something to do with your dns cache?

2. Thanks a lot for testing. It's reassuring to know you can access it that way too. Hopefully others can. I'll test with some friends soon.

A huge thanks for both your help. This is now resolved.

3. You're not indeed, neither am I. But like I said, I used a forced refresh on Google's DNS service and OpenDNS .. they check on like 25+ servers to find the right ip, getting it from the root ns, pulling the data out as it's supposed to be - so you're not using an ISP cache, etc. And compared their output against my local system.

I've done this for 25+ years, can't call myself an expert, but I have enough experience setting up websites, clusters, scalable nodes, name servers, mail servers, irc networks, mc servers, etc. It's almost all the same, -- without actual access to the stuff it's a bit harder, because you dont have access to the local tools to check everything. But remotely you can do a lot with DNS/ns stuff, and that's all i can offer.

With the srv internal redirect stuff it seems to work fine, on port 35565 for example.. but then the IP itself didn't work - both situations had a thing not working, quite strange.

Who knows, maybe it's just ovh's anti ddos stuff seeing us try 5 times and going 'yeah drop that traffic when its the host' .. who knows.