[Help] I am looking for new gaming pc

Discussion in 'Technology' started by udo75, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Hello,
    I'm looking for a new PC where I can play games like FIFA or Battlefield at the highest resolution.

I do not know it that way, so I wanted to ask you once, which requirements I need for this.
    I have already looked around and found this PC

My maximum budget would be around 1,500 €.

2. That pc you found is decent, but you could get an i7 7700k instead of an i7 7700 for the same total price, if you bought everything and built it yourself.
    Gpu’s a bit underwhelming, upgrade to a 1060 or 1070 if you can afford it. Everything else is good.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Consider another route :)

Processors: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Boxed no cooler €195
    Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi €113
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 €193
    Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G €899
    Casing: Fractal Design Define Nano S black €59
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition €50
    Power Supply Unit: Seasonic Focus Plus 550 Gold €80
    Drive: Crucial MX300 2,5 525GB €134
    1723 euro.

I am sure prices are $200+ cheaper in dollars when you buy it in the US. So basically 1500 bucks.

4. Strahan

Benefactor

Actually it's the other direction. A 1,723 euro box is $2,114 USD currently. Also he originally was looking at a locked i7, so he may not be interested in overclocking. If he isn't going that route, I'd just use the stock cooler and put that 50 euro from the cooler into something else.

5. Pm me

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ah, you're Dutch. Otto is a website that retails clothes, furniture, home appliances, and electronics (including computers). Although I understand that the computer is provided by Paradigit (which on its own is a low quality retailer), you should consider to look elsewhere if you're not gonna assemble it yourself. To be perfectly honest, and this may be a bit biased considering I worked here temporarily, check out Arctic Secrets. They're probably the #1 (custom computer) retailer in the Netherlands.

As for the components in the linked computer, they're not what you're looking for. I determined this not due to my own opinion of ''oh you need this because I say so'', but because of what you've specified. Fifa and Battlefield (assuming Battlefield 1?).
    A GTX 1050 2GB will be very underwhelming in your computer. At the very least you'll be looking at a GTX 1060, preferable 6GB of VRAM. The 16GB of RAM is a questionable choice, but personally, I'd say it's fine. It's questionable due to the overpriced numbers by retailers that sell (or resell) memory modules nowadays. Though that's too much of a subject to cover now.

I see no real immediate reason to want an i7. Unless I'm missing something. The i7 provides a slight boost, sure, but an i5 will be fine. Especially now, since they come with 6 cores. https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1051073/intel-core-i5-8600k-boxed.html ( Dutch website )

To conclude, if you're not going to assemble the computer yourself, look to a proper company, such as Arctic Secrets*** to have it handled.
    (*** No idea if that is considered advertising. Not my intend to break any rules. Will kindly remove it if I have accidentally broken them).

7. You have good PC! :eek::)

8. No, I made a recommendation to the @op ..
    I am not claiming that's my system.

these are my current specs:
    4.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz)
    2400MHz DDR4 memory
    NVme 1TB SSD on 2500 read/write (ish)
    Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB of VRAM
    40gbit thunderbolt 3 ports and 10gbit usb-c ports.
    gig network plug / 802.11ac wifi / Bluetooth 4.2
    5120‑by‑2880 / 500 nits / 10bit / p3 monitor (27")