Help me choose!

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by TheeMajesticCat, May 31, 2016.

1. Hello there spigot community! I need some help choosing a host..... well something like that. Im deciding if I want to go Dedicated or Buy a plan type of deal.

The server I will be running is a smallish SMP server, but still dont know what to really do.

I have used MCPro and had meh results. Dedicated looks nice, but dont know if its worth it.

Should I go dedicated or not? Price should be under 150/month.

2. I suggest going with a VPS from OVH or if you want to go bigger get a Dedi from Kimsufi.

I've had no negative experience with either of them. That is if you know how to use linux.

3. Go for a VPS, they can be fairly cheap and give you a lot more control over your server than something like MCProHosting

4. So now where do I go to learn more about these dedicated servers? Like how to use them, how to set them up etc...

5. There are cheaper options out there, but it looks decent enough. If I were you and it was my first time don't go for something so expensive

6. I recommend Exodus Hosting if you're planning to go with shared host. I've used them before, had a few hiccups with the server but *nothing debilitating (losing server files etc) and IMO support is very fast.

Its economical to go with shared host since you're starting a small server. Once you reach a larger player base, then you might want to consider moving to a dedicated system. Just my opinion.

7. If you want a simple, easy to setup solution, try BeastNode or something similar. I used BN for several years and it was great.

You can get a better value and more control from a VPS, but it takes a bit more to get setup. I have one from OVH and so far it seems to be working well.