Help with a weird error

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by ACrispyCookie, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Sometimes when I start up my server I get this error which basically says that the message, I assume on the console, must be less than 2000 characters. I have been getting the error for other plugins but all state the same thing "Provided text for message must be less than 2000 characters in length". Any kind of help would be very appreciated!

2. Based on this:
    Code (Text):
    at net.dv8tion.jda.internal.utils.Checks.check(Checks.java:38)
    at net.dv8tion.jda.api.entities.MessageChannel.sendMessage(MessageChannel.java:342)
    at net.dv8tion.jda.internal.entities.TextChannelImpl.sendMessage(TextChannelImpl.java:325)
    Im guessing its something to do with a Discord based plugin. (can't remember the name, but Im sure you would know what's on your server)... Try removing that plugin, and/or talking to the dev of said plugin and see if they can better help pin down the exact issue.

3. I have seen the same error with just those lines changed. For example, I once saw it casting for my Koth plugin which is just Subside's Koth, so I don't think it's one plugin that's causing it. Also I don't have a discord plugin on my server.

4. That's very odd because JDA is a Java Discord API. Are you sure you don't have any Discord related plugins?

5. Well, yes I have a discord plugin but the error also casts on other plugins. Do you know what it actually means?