Help with IntellIj remote debug?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Perotin, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Hello, I was following along with this wiki https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/intellij-debug-your-plugin/ and I did everything it said, was able to connect to my rermote server, but when I tried to run it I got this

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 4.13.52 PM.png

"Cannot find runner for Server runner"

Here is what my runner config looks like
    Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 4.15.20 PM.png

I am also using Maven, so if there are some maven commands I should be running pre-compilation please let me know.

Thanks

2. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

Could you post your start BAT file?

Should look something like this:
    Code (Text):
    @echo off
    title Benz56 Server Console
    java -Xms512M -Xmx4G -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -jar spigot-1.12.2.jar
    PAUSE
    Ignore the -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear property; I'm lazy lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Code (Text):
    #!/bin/sh

cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
    java -Xmx2G -Xms2G -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -jar ./spigot.jar

I'm on mac, so its a little different but I think that should be the equivalent no?

P.S. Jesus another mod! Congratulations :)

4. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

Hmm, I am no Mac expert, however, you can take a look at my setup; perhaps you'll notice something:
    [​IMG]

Thanks, @Perotin ! ;)

5. Thanks for the help, nothing really stands out except that my JVM args are in a drop down like so:
    Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 6.20.09 PM.png

Another thing I noticed is that if I change it to 1.3.x or 1.4.x it gets reset back to 5-8. Though I don't think that makes much difference either as I've hit run from that window on those specific settings and still got the same result.