Help with LuckPerms

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Misterjozni, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Hello this is my first time being here. I never thought I would need anything from here but how the turntables. So my problem is that I have 2 sets of ranks. Ones are that will be permanent and one subscripiton (1 year), and I have came to the following issue. Lets say "pro" is the name for the permanent rank and "god" for the subscription so its easier to tell. If the player for eg purchases the "pro" rank and then decides to get the subscription "god" rank, the console will add him to that group but the prefix wont show even tho it has an higher weight. Now the permissions from the "pro" rank are also gone. I have been using the following command /lp user (playername) parent add (rank).

With kind regards

2. Have you made sure that the subscription-based '[god]' rank actually has a prefix, and that you have the luckperms chat plugin downloaded?

3. Yes the "[god]" rank has a prefix it works fine when I use /lp user (playername) parnet set god

I do not use LuckPerms chat plugin I am using Essentials Chat.

What about the permissions as I said when I add the "god" rank the permissions from pro rank are gone

4. It's probably the way your Essentials Chat is configured - what placeholder did you use in it?

5. chat:

# If EssentialsX Chat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing their message with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing their message with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section.
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting
    # Note: Using the {PREFIX} and {SUFFIX} placeholders along with {DISPLAYNAME} may cause double prefixes/suffixes to be shown in chat unless add-prefix-suffix is uncommented and set to false.

format: '{DISPLAYNAME}&4 &7>&r {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7{PREFIX}&r {DISPLAYNAME}&r &7{deluxetags_tag}&r: {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    # Note: Group names are case-sensitive so you must match them up with your permission plugin.

# You can use permissions to control whether players can use formatting codes in their chat messages.
    # See https://essentialsx.cf/wiki/Color-Permissions.html for more information.​

6. Have you enabled these option in the essencials config?
    change-displayname
    change-playerlist

These options modify the player name adding the prefix/suffix to it.

7. Yes both of these options are enabled, but its not only the prefix its also the permissions.

8. do you have valut instaled?

9. Yes I do

10. What weight have you put in the pro preffix?

11. "Pro" has an weight of 7 set and the "God" has an weight set of 100.

12. Guys any ideas? Please its important.

13. Are you using others plugin apart from essencials which could modify the player name? E.g. tab, nametag edit