Help with possible memory leak

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Bobcat00, Feb 6, 2020.

1. After my server showed signs of a memory leak last night, I did some testing this morning and took a heap dump. I don't know a lot about how to analyze these, but I ran a Leak Suspect report and got the following:

leak_suspect1.png

Does this mean the ProtocolSupport is definitely causing a memory leak? I looked at the data associated with these entries and I see lots of block data involving chests.

Besides this block of 756 MB, there is another block of 348 MB in the suspects report. So that's over a gig in two blocks of memory.

What's the best way to proceed from here?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Maybe share your heap dump?

3. leak suspects don't show memory leaks, just show the biggest memory users, to identify memory leaks with this, you must have some knowledge of the plugin, what kind of data it needs to save and see if it saves more than it should, such as saving data which has lost a need long time ago. (like a finished cooldown which doesn't get removed from memory after a while)

4. It's 4 GB, so no.
    Hmmm... How about this Component Report showing 3 GB from protocolsupport.*

component_report2.png

5. check what kind of data it is, it may be the problem, but version plugins like that need to use more memory due to converting chunks

6. Perhaps 3 GB of byte[]

histogram.png