Help with ranks/groups (LuckPerm/Esen X)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by creedcraftmc, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Hello~
    Im creating a server with two main groups/ranks and was wondering if there was anyway to automatically assign players a group/rank without me manually having to type it in?
    Ideally Id want the player to either click a sign or travel through a portal and from that action be assigned a group. Is this even possible?
    I've looked at other forums and both LuckPerm and Essential Xs wikis and cant seem to figure it out. I know Essential X has a sign system in it but it says nothing about integrating groups with it?

P.S My server that Im using doesnt have access to command blocks

Thank you in advanced for the help Im beginning to get desperate T-T

2. If you can code your own plugins, you can just make a system that whenever you do whatever you want (eg. click a specific block, run a command) it just runs the command from the console (by using what I put down below). The command would then be something along the lines of /lp group player parent or whatever, but that way you can have the command you currently have to type manually be automatically typed from the console. This of course is only a working solution if you can code your own plugins and if you have access to uploading custom plugins, but Id recommend any server owner to learn spigot anyways!

Code (Text):
    ConsoleCommandSender console = Bukkit.getServer().getConsoleSender();
    String command = "/command";
    Bukkit.dispatchCommand(console, command);