Help!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Nick_Titan, May 10, 2015.

1. So i am a starter developer and i test all my plugins on a localhost server. So one day my friend gets a server and makes me his developer. I make him a test plugin with eclipse using the 1.8.3 version of spigot as my jar file and the 1.8.3 spigot API javadoc. I make the plugin and here is my pastebin of it with the plugin.yml and all that stuff and its all done correctly. Now i upload it to my localhost. It works! Then he uploads it to his server. It says nothing as if its not even in the plugins folder. Not a message in console about it not even anything in game. So then i tried fixing it but what is there to fix the plugin works just not on his server. he is running 1.8.3 spigot and has no problems with any other plugins on his server that he downloaded from other places just my plugin doesnt work. Here is my pastebin i really need help: http://pastebin.com/MBKt5dEv
    Heres the pastebin to my plugin.yml: http://pastebin.com/V69EgCqx

Thanks and please help!

#1 Nick_Titan, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. Not sure if this will change anything, but you might want to create a class that implements CommandExecutor and try registering your command through that class and not just your main class.

3. Could you make an example paste in of what you mean by CommandExecutor class.

4. You can use a separate class:
    Code (Text):
    public class Commands implements CommandExecutor {

@Override
        public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command cmd, String label, String[] args) {
            if(!(sender instanceof Player)){ //Is a player or console
                return true;
            }
            if(cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("tester")) { //Command
                Player p = (Player)sender;
                p.sendMessage("ยง6Test Plugin Was Successful!");
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    }
    And in your main class:

Code (Text):
    public class Test extends JavaPlugin {

public void onEnable() {
            getCommand("tester").setExecutor(new Commands());
        }
    }

5. No problem:)

6. Everything looks ok. Do you have any other plugins that you wrote running on that other server? Because you package naming is bound for problems... (for future reference use all lowercase and have your names me. <yourname>. <pluginname>).
    Otherwise there is a chance that the plugin really isnt in the plugin folder xD double check it... we always look past the simple mistakes and they are the hardest to debug :p