Premium Herochat Pro - Multi Server Chat Channels and more! (50% off!) [Paid]

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by Kainzo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. i recently made this chat item plugin that initiallyed puts [[email protected]<playerUserName>] in the message where the [i\]'s are and then inserts Chat base components at those positions later using protocollib. for some reason ur plugin is messing up the color codes in chat. here is my plugin: https://github.com/Perzan/Chat-Item-2.0/tree/Refactor_1
    but im not quite sure whats going on, i can also upload the channel im using (i changed it to .txt from .yml)
    thx

Update: it seems that the first color code in the format is being placed in front of the message

Update: apologies, it wasnt your plugin, i am just bad with json but i fixed it. problem is gone now

Attached Files:

#282 Perzan, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Does herochat support relations in placeholderAPI? Can't get it to work.

3. Where abouts is word censorship located at?

4. Hey I have a bug recently with Herochat:

19:36:31: [Herochat] Task #5780 for Herochat v6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bb16 generated an exception java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.WorldDataHolder.getUser(WorldDataHolder.java:122) ~[?:?] at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.OverloadedWorldHolder.getUser(OverloadedWorldHolder.java:53) ~[?:?] at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.AnjoPermissionsHandler.getUserPrefix(AnjoPermissionsHandler.java:335) ~[?:?] at net.milkbowl.vault.chat.plugins.Chat_GroupManager.getPlayerPrefix(Chat_GroupManager.java:276) ~[?:?] at net.milkbowl.vault.chat.Chat.getPlayerPrefix(Chat.java:67) ~[?:?] at net.milkbowl.vault.chat.Chat.getPlayerPrefix(Chat.java:91) ~[?:?] at com.dthielke.herochat.StandardChannel.applyFormat(StandardChannel.java:160) ~[?:?] at com.dthielke.herochat.StandardChannel.processChat(StandardChannel.java:433) ~[?:?] at com.dthielke.herochat.MessageHandler.handle(MessageHandler.java:160) ~[?:?] at com.dthielke.herochat.HCPlayerListener$1.run(HCPlayerListener.java:38) ~[?:?] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:81) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:392) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:889) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:417) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:831) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:729) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-e6eb36f-d3ed151] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]

5. Would it be possible to edit the messages files of herochat?
    Im using the german language setting and sadly "umlaute" (ä,ö,u) are not be displayed by the plugin. Seems like the formating is wrong.
    However it would be nice if users could make changes to the translation by themselfs, allowing text and colorchanges.

6. Firstly, would like to say this is by far the best chat server plugin. However I've been trying but unable to set the channel formats using JSON like you would do using the /tellraw command. My idea is that if there were a way to do this, you could set a clickEvent on the channel nick text that would run the /ch channel command, which would essentially let you focus a channel from chat just by clicking on it's [name]. You could also possibly use this to additionally click on a players name and start a private message? Perhaps there is already a way to do this and I'm simply not seeing it. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

7. I used HeroChat before but swapped to ChatControl when HeroChat dev stalled. Now on 1.14 I find ChatControl stalled so considering switching back but I need some of the planned features. What is the time scale on some of those? Days, weeks, months, years, sometime would be nice?

8. Is is possible you could add support for Velocity proxy? It's an alternative to Bungee/Waterfall, and I use it for my servers.

9. Hello, I'm getting this exception at the first player's join after a restart: https://pastebin.com/c1agMntT
    Using the latest plugin version (6.0.1) on 1.13.2.

10. Hello, is there any possibility to change the messages?

11. I have the same issue. Please give us a config the edit the messages.

12. This is a really good idea... though I dont know if the devs have the bandwidth for something like this. by default I don't think it'll work.

We offer translation files, which do you mean, exactly?
    You have a listed server thats offline in your config.yml.
    Unfortunately, no. If it has the same API, sure, it should be drag and drop. Otherwise this is a hefty ask and time is short.
    ETA's suck. We have multiple projects flowing at once and when we have people willing to add time to the feature set, they do.

13. No worries. ChatControl Pro has been updated, we are good.

14. Cool.

15. @Kainzo
    Hi!

I've set up BungeeCord servers with Herochat. Is it possible to disable broadcasting previous chat log for user when they change servers? Or is some other plugin doing this? Have I done something wrong or did I miss something on plugin help page?

Thank you for support!

Best regards,
    Juuso Korhonen

#296 korhox, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  16. May be another plugin... I dont think there's a way to clear chat on the client though without sending null lines

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi!

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried to hide these messages with Skript looping empty messages, but some times it still comes trough. It seems i do have to program my own motd message instead of essentials motd and delay the loop a bit.

If it is not Herochat doing this, i need to investigate more - what is causing this. Anyway - thank your reply!

Best regards,
    Juuso Korhonen

18. [21:03:10 ERROR]: [Factions] Plugin Factions v2.14.0 has failed to register events for class com.massivecraft.factions.integration.herochat.EngineHerochat because ChannelChatEvent does not exist.
    [21:03:10 INFO]: [Factions 2.14.0] Integration Activation IntegrationHerochat FAILED:
    [21:03:10 WARN]: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    [21:03:10 WARN]: Herochat cannot be resolved
    [21:03:10 WARN]: Herochat cannot be resolved
    [21:03:10 WARN]:
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.factions.integration.herochat.EngineHerochat.setActiveInner(EngineHerochat.java:29)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.massivecore.Engine.setActive(Engine.java:80)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.massivecore.Integration.setIntegrationActiveEngines(Integration.java:96)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.massivecore.Integration.setIntegrationActive(Integration.java:67)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.massivecore.Integration.setIntegrationActive(Integration.java:84)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at com.massivecraft.massivecore.Integration.run(Integration.java:158)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:84)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:449)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1010)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:439)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:940)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:837)
    [21:03:10 WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have hte latest version of Herochat and I'm on 1.13.2

19. Is there a way to give permission to someone to allow them to add permission to people for a chat channel? I have global and local, I want to make a channel for their town but I want him to be able to give access to people in his towns channel but not global or local