High CPU usage, low server load

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by o355, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,
    So recently, I've been coming across issues where my server's 2 core CPU usage is idling around 95-105% (200% is both CPUs are being used), which is around 50% in normal scale. It use to be around 15-20% in the normal scale, but it's gone rapidly up, yet, I can't find a culprit in Timings for the abnormal CPU usage, and it's saying I have a 2.26% server load...which is interesting.

I'd really like some help with figuring out how there's a crazy high CPU usage for my server, but such low server load, with no culprits. It's also noted that my server TPS used to be around 19.99, but dropped to 19.89 because of something...

Timings: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=16476032

Thanks!

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Probably the amount of worlds

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was thinking that too, so I'll probably get rid of a good amount of unused worlds.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Worlds does have a impact on CPU if there are a lot of them. If you still have a problem PM me :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. wow4201

Patron

I would look at your Memory usage, high memory usage kicks in excessive Garbage Collection, which uses a ton of CPU depending on how much gc needs to be run. If your memory usage stays below the maxium allocated memory. Also are you sure it's the minecraft server that's using the high CPU %? What CPU is it, is this a dedicated server?

Are you using an intel processor, that has good single thread performance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. After deleting 3 worlds, my idle CPU usage went down to 5%, so that worked great. Thanks superbrian12 for the advice!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.