High latency or ping.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Bouger, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Hi, i am bouger and i from argentina, actually i have a problem with my dedicated server, usually i have 200 ms but now i have 330 ms.

I host my server in: http://www.limestonenetworks.com/

Specifications:
    • Intel Xeon E3-1270
    • 32 gb ram
    • 128GB Samsung 830 SSD.

Most curious is that I have tried other servers with the same hosting and works good but mine is wrong.

Someone used LIMESTONENETWORKS?

2. Why does that even matter...

Fun fact
    The average (median) reaction time is 215 milliseconds

3. prplz

Supporter

Take it up with limestone, it has nothing to do with spigot or bungee probably.

4. I fix the problem , now my server has 200 ms writing ping ip in cmd, but in my server of minecraft i have 400-500 ms with 50 players 20 tps, any solution?

5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Minecraft takes longer to respond to the ping packet, causing the round trip to be longer. It's been that way since the feature was implemented to the client.

6. Is there any way to fix that?

7. joehot200

Supporter

Re-Code the minecraft server. :confused:

I agree it would be nice if it was fixed, but it dont look like thats any time soon......

Also it depends on the location the ping is coming from. So move your vps/dedi to america ;)

8. What happens is that there are servers that are hosted on LIMESTONENETWORKS, and to me works perfectly, but my server has a lot of ping.
    There is something that i can add on or off to reduce this problem?
    P.D: My server is hosted in usa.

9. TitanicFreak

Patron

Limestonenetworks isn't really the best host for what you are using it for. There decent nonetheless however there not without problems. Latency shouldn't be an issue tho as long as its steady.

10. When i disable netty the server is works best, what use has netty? , sorry for my bad english i speak spanish.

11. Netty is more efficient and uses multiple threads. Keep it. Besides taking load off the server, it will even reduce latency slightly.