High Memory Usage

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by WicKd, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Sounds like a memory leak to me...similar to what I am having. Because it went 6, 10, 16 it is moving at a constant usage upwards, irrelevant to how many players are online. This is the same problem I am having.

Right now (low player time) I have 12797.0MB/25486.0MB (50%) free and only 50 players online. Last night I had 230 players online and the RAM usage was even less. The current uptime is 12 hours and if I don't reboot it should eventually use up all the RAM and then start using swap at which point it will make the server unplayable.

Here is a list of my plugins:

Code (Text):
    Plugins (34): Playerz, GroupManager, PlugMan, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, Towny, SwagPromote, CreativeGates, Vault, Lo
    gBlockQuestioner, LogBlock, Questioner, WorldGuard, ecoCreature, BorderGuard, ProtectionStones, FinSpamBots, StompzTown, Register,
    ReportRTS, Permissions, BKCommonLib, Votifier, Herochat, AutoAnnouncer, Essentials, LagMeter, CommandSigns, EssentialsSpawn, Enji
    n Minecraft Plugin, Superpickaxe, LWC, NoLagg, ChestShop

2. I dont use logblocks

3. Ah sorry, was looking at the post above mine XD

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

Are you the guy that disabled chunk gc?

5. I tried to disable it as a recommendation from another server owner, although it deemed not to be the issue unfortunately anyhow. This is my current bukkit.yml
    http://pastebin.com/K78kends

And this is my server.properties
    http://pastebin.com/ABbHAJcV

I also just took the timings for the plugins and these were the results
    http://pastebin.com/ScgZkeN0

Unfortunately, however, it seems that the server is still leaking memory until it crashes (after about 6 hours of uptime). Its been an issue for quite a while now, although I cant seem to find the problem. Would be nice if this can be fixed.

6. PhanaticD

Patron

im going to say this is probably a plugin problem, I dont have this issue

7. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

Add this to your startup.
    -XX:+UseG1GC

Cpu may go up just a tad but you'll notice much better memory usage.
    Report back with results.

8. Worked for me :D (I haven't been having any issues with RAM/CPU usage because my server is currently private, but it made my memory usage alot better)

9. G1 is excellent but as said above it puts some extra load on the cpu, the middle way could be to use -Xincgc instead. A small note, with Xincgc do not specify Xms .. only use Xmx

the -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=xxx is often used with G1 .. dont try to use a too small value as it can hog the cpu, go with a reasonable value like 500. I've even seen performance tests showing that a value of 3000 is better :cool:

Code (Text):
    -XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx20G -Xms20G -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:ConcGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Code (Text):
    -Xincgc -Xmx20G -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I tried G1GC but it gives errors on the heap size, possibly because i changed the settings of the system to allow the usage of largepages. I also read on the spigot irc that xincgc and g1gc reduces performance. I tried xincgc yesterday also to test, although it seems to go bad at 220+ players.

11. my server uptime atm is 28hr .. http://imgur.com/gO53lyg ... im not near your number of players, but i have lots of heavy plugins :)

this is my startup:
    Code (Text):
    -Xmx20G -Xms20G -XX:MaxPermSize=64m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=400 -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+AggressiveOpts
    as you might see, the maxgcpausemillis value is not met at two times :( .. the two spikes ..

12. I know this is so old :/ but , I having ( a problem yesterday 57 players joined my network i use bungeecord ) and the ram was so high !! I have 16gb ram and i have 8 server including bungeecord ! I rub a minigames server and i have quit allot of ram usage !

Attached Files:

13. electronicboy

IRC Staff

1. don't bump old threads
    2. "memory in java doesn't work how you think it works" - if you allocate x amount of ram to java, it's going to see that you have x amount of ram, and use x amount of ram.