History of Spigot

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by danjb2000, Oct 9, 2014.

1. JamesJ

Supporter

Are you going to add to best 2 days in history?
    When @nfell2009 joined, and when I joined ^•^

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. 'the more you know'

3. Amazing. Just beautiful. A masterpiece.

4. Brilliant, every time I read it

5. To be honest, I don't really think this is comprehensive. I think it's missing some of the exposition, namely its origin (directly, Bukkit), in addition to some of the other things. I don't see how it's relevant to talk about how Spigot got more wiki staff when no mention of the revamped theme was made.

And just so you know, just because I've been registered here for a month doesn't mean I haven't observed.

How I miss the old yellow theme.

6. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

It's a constant work-in-progress. You're always welcome to edit it and add to it as well! :)

7. I have read a few pages of the Spout post, and I cant understand why the people there loved the Cb++ so much.

8. ZachBora

Supporter

I've used cb++ a few times. It seemed better? I don't remember... I think Afforess made that. He's a cool guy.

9. When i first started my server, I used bukkit.(I was a n00b) xD And i grew from there.

10. didn't know the history

more interesting

than i expected :)

#51 Meester_Curly, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  11. Now, i love spigot

12. Tao

Tao
    Benefactor

Let's sum it up, Spigot for the win.

13. Legoman99573

Supporter

There should be a new era added:
    Buildtools Era.

And can i add this in timeline:
    February 29th, 2016: Spigot 1.9 was releasd through buildtools with large API changes, and a script was made for old plugins (1.7 Legacy API) to try to make plugins compatable with 1.9.

14. Please don't bump old threads.
    This thread is from 2015; in case it was import enough it will be added.

15. Legoman99573

Supporter

Well, we are under buildtools era. I find it useful for people who want to know history. Bjt i forgot when buildtools made public use.

16. This is a wiki page, not a normal thread. In this case, he had something useful to add to it, which is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Love Spigot much! :) Very much! I like using Spigot!