Hololens E3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Maximvdw, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Maximvdw

Benefactor

Prob. seen this already

• Like Like x 2
  2. Whilst is looks amazing I doubt I'd actually use this to play minecraft. It seems more like a gimmick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maximvdw

Benefactor

seems nice for admins on servers. Takes spying to a whole new level

4. seems bad for cheaters on servers. Taking x-raying to a whole new level

5. Maximvdw

Benefactor

as they say in the video you need cheat commands for that

6. Maybe even a single simple modification to the client will force enable the free camera mode :(

7. There may be a couple major hacked clients for the holo.

8. In the video they're talking about it being "a new version of Minecraft built specifically for the hololens". Lydia is also playing the game on a surface which makes me think this "new version" might be distributed trough the Windows store, which sounds like it could be a clone in XNA. Which means it could segment the playerbase even more, what do you guys think?

(This is all obviously sepculation)

9. One of the things that kind of hints it being a modded Java version is the slanted nametag @ 3:31 though.

10. If this "special version" is not compatible with what we usually play right now, no luck, I won't even bother. Plus maybe this is pretty likely to happen because they can get more money by selling that special version, just like PE, console version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. There is a lot of stuff in the video that makes me think it is a modified version of the current PC Minecraft, which means it would be compatible (most likely).

12. I'd like to see this too. However I wonder if Microsoft is now currently getting crazy about the java or performance right now :D
    Oh wait, even Mojang use GTX/*insert latest card number here*/ (and this is why our game performance is never improved?). So maybe there is no big deal for Microsoft.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. funny that they use the old TNT sound effect at 5:03

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Maximvdw

Benefactor

inb4 they started working on it before they bought minecraft.. then were like.. "Now lets find a way to buy the rights to use it"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. This is probably a little bit off topic but I think we might get some imprpvements soon when they drop the fixed rendering pipeline in 1.9. There is so much stuff they can make a lot faster.

16. ohh so it's pronounced "mo-yang"

17. Mojang had those performance issues...
    And there is a single guy
    who fix all of them
    just in his bedroom ahahahahaha!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1